Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VideoPod
Visitor

ERROR 1 item has an error: Required credit role is missing or invalid.

as you can see the instantTVChannel Side of Things seems to work just fine in the demo.
I added one more video under documentaries and its a MP4 video I shot and exported as a
web video for a client. 
The Problem I have is that I'm getting an error from Roku about a Required credit role missing or invalid.
I'm guessing because I'm trying to link it to my own server or there is something I need to include in
any videos I make for Roku???
-------- Forwarded Message --------
[table][tr][th]Subject: [/th]
Direct Publisher Feed Refresh Report
[/tr]
[tr][th]Date: [/th]
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 18:59:26 +0000
[/tr]
[tr][th]From: [/th]
[td]Instant TV Channel [email=help@instanttvchannel.com:3veyg2j5]<help@instanttvchannel.com>[/email:3veyg2j5][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][th]To: [/th]
[td][email=murph@cutwi.com:3veyg2j5]murph@cutwi.com[/email:3veyg2j5][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Direct Publisher Feed Refresh Report
Real Wisconsin Website Design

Processed Category "Documentaries"
Processed Category "Fiction"
Processed Category "Space"
Processed Short Form Video item "Tims Product"
Processed Short Form Video item "Big Buck Bunny"
Processed Short Form Video item "Plan 9 From Outer Space"
Processed Short Form Video item "Space Shuttle"

Direct Publisher feed refresh complete. 4 videos exported, 3 categories exported, 0 errors.
But I'm still getting an error! 
ERROR 1 item has an error: Required credit role is missing or invalid.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
OddScott
Roku Guru

Re: ERROR 1 item has an error: Required credit role is missing or invalid.

I think that the Roku "ERROR 1 item has an error: Required credit role is missing or invalid." message will have a little symbol next to it that you can click to expand to get more details. It sounds like you added a Credit Role in Instant TV Channel that is not supported by Roku. I've never seen a list of allowed Roles for Direct Publisher, something like "director" or "writer" is OK, but something unusual like "associate producer" will cause that error.

Once you've identified the specific video item causing the problem, if you just clear out anything that you have in the 3 Credit fields the error should go away.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos