Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

In-Channel Products for Direct Publisher?

Hey guys,
I successfully launched a channel the other day and have become familiar with the Manage Channel settings while I'm adding content and tweaking the look and feel within the Direct Publisher.

One thing I noticed is that there is a page for adding In-Channel Products, as if this is a feature available within Direct Publisher.  If it weren't allowed, then this settings page shouldn't be there... but it is, which prompted me to post about it.

I tried converting to the SDK channel for a while but it wanted a package file, of course, which I haven't learned how to develop yet.  In due time, I will.  However, I WOULD like to at least let people add my channel for free then optionally subscribe to extra content, specials, longer videos, etc. since streaming content isn't free.  Please don't reply with "convert to SDK".  I know that's a solution, but the developer page suggests that it's also possible with Direct Publisher.

Just because some people choose to use the Direct Publisher feature shouldn't mean that they don't have a desire to at least charge for the channel or some of the content.

If I'm wrong about being able to have In-Channel products or charging for a DP channel, then can somebody please point me to the instructions on how to set this up?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: In-Channel Products for Direct Publisher?

Currently, there is no IAP for Direct Publisher.   It's supposed to becoming sometime this year, but no ETA that I've seen.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: In-Channel Products for Direct Publisher?

Maybe somebody will find it interesting that the tag "productId" doesn't cause an error for an item in the JSON feed.  I was playing around to see what would happen but everything is still working.
0 Kudos