Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Channel Feed Update Lacking

I've read "Published App Feed Refresh??" which implies that updated channel feeds are recognized on a daily basis.  I recently updated my feed to include 5 new videos.  The feed was recognized almost immediately on one of my boxes, but, not others.  I typically rename the feed file each time for two reasons:

1. Amazon caches the file so If I don't name it differently, I'll need to wait till they invalidate the cache.  I'm not sure they'll do that if the contents change without a name change.
2. I like to keep a monthly feed file using the name of the month as part of the name.

Do I need to force an update each time I update my feed with a different name?  Are there any recommendations that take into consideration CDNs that cache their content?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos