Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

New Software to Create and Manage Json Feed Files!

Hello Everyone,

As some of you know, I've developed a software program to help create and manage MRSS feed files.  Thanks to those that have purchased it.  I'm back to announce that I've just released a new product designed to assist in creating and managing your JSON feed files.  The Json Feed Manager was written to remove the complexity and potential for syntactical errors when creating and managing your Json feed files.  You won't have to worry about Json syntax any longer.  Simply fill in the fields of some nested forms to create/manage your feed.  That means you can spend less time worrying about errors and more time developing your video content.  In fact, I've been using the software since the June launch of my channel to maintain my feed.

Let me be clear.  While the software can increase your productivity by eliminating costly syntax errors, it will not prevent any errors that may arise from the specific hosting service you may use.  The software produces a syntactically correct feed file that you must then upload to your video hosting server.

As part of this announcement, I'm offering an initial 30 day lock on the price.  After 30 days, the price will increase.  So, if I've peaked your interest, simply navigate to www.rokurowingchannel.com/Feed Manager and take a look.  I've provided a Demo version and would suggest you start there.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: New Software to Create and Manage Json Feed Files!

Update: I've created a short video to provide a brief overview of the software.  You can view it here.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

This looks pretty handy! I've downloaded the demo and would like to ask where you're supposed to put video URLs? I'm not seeing that option anywhere...

EDIT: Ah, I'm guessing that's not available in the demo version.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

The Demo is restricted only by the Save function.  You cannot save a feed file with the Demo version.  The Video url is entered via a button on the Content screen.  It looks like a white camera within a red circle.  Click that to reveal the Video screen.  Consult the Help system for more info.

Thanks for your interest.
0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

Bought it, so far so good- I'm about to try uploading the JSON file based on the one I made with the software. Let's see how it goes!
0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

Okay, I've run into a problem: I can't create a new series. I've filled out the fields and I'm hitting the plus button, but it's not working. Help?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I'm glad to help.  Please email me directly at info@rokurowingchannel.com, or, rrirower@charter.net.  Please include as much specific info as you can.  For example, what does "It's not working mean"?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

A gentle reminder to those interested in creating and managing their JSON feed files.  The introductory price for this software is due to increase on November 4th.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

FYI...for anyone interested in this software.  The introductory price is due to expire in one week.  After that, the price increases by $10.  If you're having problems creating or managing your feed file, you may want to take a look at what this software can do.  Remember:  you don't need to know JSON or programming to use this software.
0 Kudos
DeanLach
Roku Guru

"Jourdy288" wrote:
Okay, I've run into a problem: I can't create a new series. I've filled out the fields and I'm hitting the plus button, but it's not working. Help?

I'm curious to find out if the software works for you?  How's it going?
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos