Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

SUPPORT???

Is Roku still supporting Direct Publisher?

I had been emailing back and forth about a bug a year ago, but every email I have sent in the last 9 months has been completely ignored. They were always terrible about responding in a timely manner, but now I can't get anything from them.

Here are the addresses I've tried:

• developer@roku.com (no longer exists)

• billing@roku.com

• tcharles@roku.com

• jli@roku.com

I had received responses from all of them at one point or another previously, but none will respond now, and I can't find any current support contact info on the developer site now. Does anyone else know of another email address I could try?

It really seems like they launched a buggy product and a community support forum, and then just walked away.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: SUPPORT???

TBH I think the point of DP was to remove technical support & assistance and make the channel creator process more streamlined & DIY.

What is the bug that you're having?
0 Kudos
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

Re: SUPPORT???

Yeah that's the feeling I get. They just need to make sure it's bug free in order for that to actually work. There are way too many people having issues in these forums for Roku to be able to just completely shut down support for this product.

The bug that they've been ignoring for 9 months is that the "chronological order" for categories does not work. I have since taken the time to scrap my MRSS feed and implement a JSON feed with playlists instead so that I can specify sorting on my end and just bypass their category sorting.

The current bug that I'm dealing with is that the channel splash image and background image will not update. From what I've been able to figure out, it seems to be related to the fact that the channel's published version is 17, but the version that shows up in the store is 7. 

I just found this post about other people having the same store version issue, so I have sent a message to RokuPam to see if I can actually get a response from her.
0 Kudos