Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads and Ads

I have channels on Roku and FireTV. I use Vimeo to house my videos. When  I go into Vimeo to see my stats, I see that my download rate has gone up substantially.
The only way people can see my Vimeo videos is thru the Roku and FireTV apps. I thought that people were unable download my videos. 
The problem with this is I don't know if the ads are playing for these downloaded videos. Of course that's how I get paid so this is important to me.

Does anybody channels on both of these platforms? Has anybody seen this before?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: Downloads and Ads

When  I go into Vimeo to see my stats, I see that my download rate has gone up substantially.

The only way people can see my Vimeo videos is thru the Roku and FireTV apps. I thought that people were unable download my videos. 

What file links are you using?   If you are using the MP4 links it will mark them as downloads.   
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos