Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkammes
Roku Guru

BIF Files, DP Preview

Helo all:

Moving this to a new thread.

Can anyone confirm (Roku included) that BIF files actually play in DP created channels?  I've created complaint JSON with 2 different apps and BIF files still do not show up during REW/FFWD, although they appear fine in my API built channel.

Lastly, is the Preview function for your DP channel on the Dev site limited to what the front page and splash screen look like, or is there deeper functionality (arrowing down, using the * key, etc.

Thanks, and happy holidays!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: BIF Files, DP Preview

We've talked about this privately, but I am also having the same issue.  I haven't been able to get BIF files working at all.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

Anyone?  I'm actually holding off on moving from my SDK based channel to a to DP based one due to this.  

Roku, can you confirm this is indeed possible?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

Anyone else?  

BIF Files with a Direct Publisher channel?  

Howabout limitations with Preview?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

See my How to: Use BIF files with Direct Publisher post.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos