Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casbboy
Visitor

Recommended: Please add HD/FHD channel store screenshots

How do I do that?

I see that it wants screenshots, but the only one I can make is the generated one. How do I go about getting screenshots in HD and FHD? I don't want to take a picture of my TV with my phone, as that looks like crap.

Cheers
Ryan
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: Recommended: Please add HD/FHD channel store screenshots

In your web browser go to the IP address of your Roku.    It will ask for a username and password.    The username is "rokudev" and the password was set when you enable the developer mode on that device.

Once the page has loaded go to "Utilities" and then click "Screenshot".   This will take a screenshot of what ever is on your app at the time.   Then right click on the image and choose "Save As..."
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
casbboy
Visitor

I thought that was only with SDK, and not direct publisher.

Cheers!
Ryan
0 Kudos
casbboy
Visitor

Ahhh.

Nevermind, I see it now.

Cheers!
Ryan
0 Kudos
casbboy
Visitor

Actually, I take that back.

It takes a screenshot no problem if I'm on the home screen. But if I open up my Direct Publisher app, and try to take a screenshot, it just says "Screenshot Ok", but doesn't show a screenshot. The image area has nothing in it.

But, if I exit the app, go to home page, and say screenshot, it works.

What gives?
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"casbboy" wrote:
Actually, I take that back.

It takes a screenshot no problem if I'm on the home screen. But if I open up my Direct Publisher app, and try to take a screenshot, it just says "Screenshot Ok", but doesn't show a screenshot. The image area has nothing in it.

But, if I exit the app, go to home page, and say screenshot, it works.

What gives?

You know, it's been so long since I had done it, I had it wrong.   In DP dashboard go to "Screenshots" and click the "Auto Generate" button.   Looks like it only generates 1 image, but I don't remember seeing this option when I set up the DP channel.  Maybe it's new?
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
casbboy
Visitor

The auto-generate does make one screenshot, But Roku itself complains that the Screenshot is not HD. Why not take an HD screenshot then?

The dev mode in the device itself can take home screenshots all day, just not when an app is open. So not getting the point of that option either.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"casbboy" wrote:
So not getting the point of that option either.

Welcome to the wonderful world that is direct publisher.   They really should have slapped a "Beta" sticker on it because it has some weird requirements and bugs
0 Kudos
michael63701
Visitor

I'm having the same issue and I'm SDK.  Takes the home page but not in the app.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"michael63701" wrote:
I'm having the same issue and I'm SDK.  Takes the home page but not in the app.

to take screenshot of SDK channel, it has to be side-loaded (the one that's at the very end of the list in Home screen and identifies itself as "dev" on * click), can't do it for the published one.
0 Kudos