Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cng222
Topic Author

Adding a category

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Has anyone else had trouble adding categories? In previous channels I'd set up it was much easier, I'd create a category, add a tag, press enter and save.
Now I can't even create the minimum one custom category. Any help would be appreciated.

Baradanikto

Re: Adding a category

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm

MRSS or JSON feed?
Public Roku Channel: Rowing

Windows software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://www.rokurowingchannel.com. No Programming, JSON or MRSS knowledge required.

cng222
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:19 am

It's nothing to do with my feed. In Manage My Channels you click preview and update. After that you click categories and that's where I'm having my issue.

If it's any help it's a JSON feed.

Baradanikto

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:57 am

Actually, it may have something to do with your feed.  I've found that letting the JSON feed file control the categories works much better and provides greater control.  I, like others, had problems trying to use the portal to specify categories.  The portal processing seems klugy at times.

Windows software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://www.rokurowingchannel.com. No Programming, JSON or MRSS knowledge required.

cng222
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 am

I've sorted it out. Thank you for your assistance.

hertube

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm having a problem adding categories and also some of my sub-channels are not showing up in my channel.  I'm using direct publisher.  Any advice?

Thanks
Audrey

Baradanikto

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Please give more specifics about your problem. Please provide your feed file for inspection.

37mediagroup

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:25 am

Could be a few issues. Make sure the tag is on the movies in the feed, spelling & case I believe might count. Also make sure you have the category included thru the DP Checklist page, and include the tags that are to be within it there as well. Things like that, doubt its a Roku issue so you gotta be thorough & keep checking thru it. Also I think its limited to only 15 categories or something.