Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The service is still processing your feed.

Its been about two weeks now.  Still hasn't updated?

Feed URL Status

Feed URLhttps://www.communitymedia.net/wp-json/tv/roku/

The service is still processing your feed. Please check back again for updated status.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: The service is still processing your feed.

Contact partner support @ roku.   I've had the same issue and they needed to reset something on their end.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

As a feed check, I loaded your feed file into my software.  It loaded without any problems.  However, I did notice that you have several instances of empty credit objects in your shortFormVideo objects.  I've seen this happen to other feeds on this forum.  I'm not sure it it's a problem, but, if it were my feed, I'd remove the empty objects.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

I ran your feed thru my test channel as this is what came up:

• 8 items ingested successfully

• No items in feed match the category tags that have been specified

• 7 items have error: Thumbnail must be 16x9 aspect ratio, at least 800w x 450h, and either in JPG or PNG format.

• 5 items have warning: Optional longDescription is empty.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
I'm not sure it it's a problem, but, if it were my feed, I'd remove the empty objects.

I've tried it both ways and empty objects only seem to effect required entries.  

"donp88" wrote:
I ran your feed thru my test channel as this is what came up:

No items in feed match the category tags that have been specified

7 items have error: Thumbnail must be 16x9 aspect ratio, at least 800w x 450h, and either in JPG or PNG format.

5 items have warning: Optional longDescription is empty.

Just a few notes about these errors...

No items in feed match the category tags that have been specified

Your category tags use "0 AND Sports".    If you use the AND operator, you need to make sure all of the included content contains the tag "0" and "Sports".  If you only need one tag or the other, use the OR operator instead.   I'm also assuming the "0" may be caused by a WordPress error, so if you need help open a support ticket and I'll get you fixed up.

Thumbnail must be 16x9 aspect ratio, at least 800w x 450h, and either in JPG or PNG format.

Your featured images need to be at least 800x450 big.  If they are larger, the system will automatically downgrade them to the proper size.

Optional longDescription is empty.

The other errors are caused by no description being entered in the post.  It's a warning, not an error but it is important to pass Roku's approval process.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos