Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnyQ
Visitor

Help me out... Ad impression reports? Do they exist?

Hello ladies & gents, I'm going to just walk out on the limb here and admit I'm a newb  with Roku, and I have a question that seems pretty basic, and I'll be damned if I haven't searched pretty deep for a report, made some emails.. I haven't got a dang clue what the heck I'm looking at here....

I have a channel have up & running for approx 2 months, it's basically a test run at this point, so we aren't doing any SDK , no special ad packages, just Direct Publisher, I have only the regular Roku ad traffic for monetization right now, I'm not even concerned "how much" I've made, I just want to know how to operate and read my reports right now .... That being said.... I know for a fact I've had 2 thousand+ ads play beginning to end because we have 10 people with accounts that we paid a few dollars (im talkin' $20 lol) to tell us what they think and to tally how many ads they saw once the channel went live..... we know how many installs, viewers we have, the average time watched etc... I get that, I have an idea mathematically how many ads I'd expect to see with those numbers. Bottom line, we KNOW for certain, that ads are running, and we have documented over 2,000 ads run.

I don't see any report at all that mentions ads, I see sales, we aren't selling anything. I see transaction details & reporting, I get a list of thousands of transactions that are indecipherable that all amount to $0.00, I can't tell if those are installs, or gets, or ads, or everything, but they're all $0.00 so Idk ... I asked for an email report, they sent me a blank Excel spread sheet (3 times.)   So I'm at a loss here. I don't need to cash out, I understand the minimum pay thing, I just want to know where I can read these reports, or if they even exist. 
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: Help me out... Ad impression reports? Do they exist?

The only reports that exist are the ones that they send you.   If the spreadsheet is blank, you should contact them as there may be a problem.   You should have the amount of ad impressions listed by day.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Look for tabs at the bottom of your 'blank' spreadsheet. Typically, general info like channel name etc are on the main tab. Then there's a second tab to click which breaks down into more depth the number of ads shown.

Otherwise, if it really is entirely blank & just email whomever you initally wrote for the report (Kandersson@, enrollment@) and mention its blank. Ultimately yes they do send out a report showing how many ads did play so you should be able to get that.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"Pasnow" wrote:
Look for tabs at the bottom of your 'blank' spreadsheet. Typically, general info like channel name etc are on the main tab. Then there's a second tab to click which breaks down into more depth the number of ads shown.

It depends on which ad report you get.   If you signed up recently, the report only has one tab with all the data.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos

New DP user. My channel just got approved for ads this week and no clue how to track them, see what I am making, etc? Is there anywhere we can go to check out this info? How often do they send out reports, how often do we get paid? Basic questions but I couldn't find the answers.
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

"brbillionaire" wrote:
New DP user. My channel just got approved for ads this week and no clue how to track them, see what I am making, etc? Is there anywhere we can go to check out this info? How often do they send out reports, how often do we get paid? Basic questions but I couldn't find the answers.

You can contact Karl Andersson kandersson@roku.com.  He can set you up to receive Ad impression reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.   The report contains information about the ad unit (channel serving the ads) and the number of impressions received each day from the ad unit.  

The minimum threshold to receive payout is $100, and is paid out 15-30 days after the quarter ends.[/color]
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

I emailed to kandersson@roku.com but have not heard back anything yet regarding a channel I just add RAF to.

Any other email address I should contact??
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I think enrollment@roku.com is for setting up or submitting your RAF paperwork to (Paypal etc). You could try emailing there & cc Kanderson. Again just include your channel name & email associated with your developer account login. 
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

I'm of course already setup for roku billing and the RAF has been on my new channel since Feb. I emailed to both addresses hoping to get a reply to get reports setup.

Thank you for the help.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos