Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
casbboy
Topic Author
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm

We've launched our channel a while back and went with Roku Audience Network. We now have a few networks wanting to run ads with us instead, and we want to check RAN analytics to see how we are performing with them for comparison.

But how do we see reporting?

Cheers
Ryan
 
User avatar
RokuNB
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm

 
casbboy
Topic Author
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:08 am

Wrote that address, never heard back. What's the typical wait time?
 
ashokiptv
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 am

we are also facing same issues with roku ad team. we are searching for 3rd party ad providers. Could you please provide me 3rd party ad providers names
Thanks in advance
 
37mediagroup
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Geez, I'm thinking of giving up too. Hate this. I've been on RAF for a year, am over my $100/The Next Quarter wait period, and haven't heard back from the multiple inqueries into it?  Not even a 'Hey we'll check into it'.

My thoughts are maybe Roku is trying to get out of the ad sales industry, or at least for the smaller channels. Being that their ad sales staff is essentially a startup department (unlike TV & cable stations) and that the smaller channels are often asked to be removed off some media buys.

I dunno, frustrating. My fear of giving up is that I'll then NEVER get my RAF monies, and, while it isn't a lot, it's a nominal amount & I spent alot of time building my channel & far exceeded my standard scope & abilities (of coding/design) to get it done. Just the small reward is what I wanted.
 
User avatar
rovidx_media
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:47 pm

37mediagroup wrote:
I dunno, frustrating. My fear of giving up is that I'll then NEVER get my RAF monies, and, while it isn't a lot, it's a nominal amount & I spent alot of time building my channel & far exceeded my standard scope & abilities (of coding/design) to get it done. Just the small reward is what I wanted.

I shut down all of my RAF supported channels.   Lack of payments, when you do get paid the math is fishy, lack of answers and a general disregard for RokuCo dealing with the issues we've all been bitching about.  It took them 90 days to finally pay me, and when I did get it, it was about half of what it should have been.    Just not worth the headache.
I don't know what the issue is at headquarters, but they have their heads firmly planted in the sand.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher -> https://rovidx.com
 
casbboy
Topic Author
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Guh, an ad supplier told me Roku Audience network is borderline scam. How can this be? Working on a third party option right now. Also, their ads are no longer showing at all.
 
37mediagroup
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:37 am

casbboy wrote:
Guh, an ad supplier told me Roku Audience network is borderline scam. How can this be? Working on a third party option right now. Also, their ads are no longer showing at all.

I'm not sure "scam" is a good fit, although what I've been thru ($0 & zero email response) it might be an apt description. I mean, in the context of the 60/40 split & payout of $14/1000 CPM maybe it's a bit of a ripoff. But I don't think Roku had every intention of making this a scam of sorts.

 IMHO I think they're just in over their heads. Trying to create an ad sales inventory from the ground up, selling a mix of TV (bigger channels) and essentially web (for smaller ads) is new to media buyers & agencies. I think it just hasn't gotten going as much as they wanted. Whatever it is they've really failed at communicating it to us. I would mind waiting an extra quarter or two, but keep us informed. Even just a forum post sticky with an update.
As Rovidx says the number is probably lower than I'm expecting, so is it worth battling & small claims over a few hundred?! On the flip side tho WTF, who's got my money?!
rovidx_media wrote:
37mediagroup wrote:
I dunno, frustrating. My fear of giving up is that I'll then NEVER get my RAF monies, and, while it isn't a lot, it's a nominal amount & I spent alot of time building my channel & far exceeded my standard scope & abilities (of coding/design) to get it done. Just the small reward is what I wanted.

I shut down all of my RAF supported channels.   Lack of payments, when you do get paid the math is fishy, lack of answers and a general disregard for RokuCo dealing with the issues we've all been bitching about.  It took them 90 days to finally pay me, and when I did get it, it was about half of what it should have been.    Just not worth the headache.
I don't know what the issue is at headquarters, but they have their heads firmly planted in the sand.

Thanks. I guess it's time. I guess I'll reach out to an agency. I wonder if word got out about RAFs struggles, which explains why we both mentioned a while back we were contacted randomly by someone asking to handle our ad sales, or if a sales rep from Roku switched to a new firm & knew to reach out to Roku channel ops.
 
User avatar
rovidx_media
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:21 am

37mediagroup wrote:
casbboy wrote:
Guh, an ad supplier told me Roku Audience network is borderline scam. How can this be? Working on a third party option right now. Also, their ads are no longer showing at all.

I'm not sure "scam" is a good fit, although what I've been thru ($0 & zero email response) it might be an apt description. I mean, in the context of the 60/40 split & payout of $14/1000 CPM maybe it's a bit of a ripoff. But I don't think Roku had every intention of making this a scam of sorts.

I dunno, I talked to a few ad reps that have been doing video (traditional and online) ads for years and they all had the same response "What the flower are they doing over there?  That's a scam".  

When I did get paid they gave me $17/CPM which is great, but then after their fishy math, my payment went from around $5k to just over $2k.   It basically hooped my whole business because the bandwidth bill cost as much as the money I made.   

I realize they may have gotten in over their heads...  BUT some simple contacts would go a long way.  I was told they were going to fix the communication problems.   Here it is 2 months and I still haven't gotten any answers back.

So, I'm going to continue to call it a  scam....
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher -> https://rovidx.com
 
37mediagroup
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Gotcha. I feel like I'm always 3 months behind where you're at (pissed of level speaking) lol. I guess my first reaction to 'scam' was more of an intentionally setup ponzi/pyramid scheme, or multi level marketing type thing. Semantics maybe, but I'd view it more of a ripoff, or just BS. But tomato tomatoe etc...

You're differences are stunning, and upsetting. I hear you on the fees & breaking even, let alone the $3 loss. Yeah, wasn't there something back in the summer or someone posted they 'transitioned' to a new system, delaying payments. Then they were backed up, but beginning to issue them?

I'd just like a blanket statement from them, either email or forum post. What bugs me was the RAF was pretty simple to setup, all inclusive, which is why I chose to go with them, regardless of the payout (at the time), I just wanted it up & running with some revenue to see how it goes. Now I have to switch & year 1 seems a loss.
 
newchannel
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Wish I knew why I can't get an email back about getting RAF reports. I've had several ad companies email me asking me to go with them. I have not checked it out yet. I'm wondering as my server bill is just going to increase...ugh Not sure what ad companies to go with. if someone has info and wants to PM me, that would be good. Not sure what the right thing to do is on this for an ad supported channel. 
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
 
Baradanikto
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:55 am

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am

Wish I knew why I can't get an email back about getting RAF reports.


Unfortunately, you are experiencing what many of us on this board have had to deal with.  Whether it's RAF support or general questions, Roku Support, for some reason has elected to not support its Direct Publisher channel developers.  We (channel developers) are left with helping each other.
Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds https://github.com/rrirower. No Programming, JSON or MRSS knowledge required.
 
newchannel
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am

Okay, thank you. That's sad. I've gone around bragging on ROKU for years and helped sell lots of Roku's. And, my other channels are SDK but subscription. I guess they have a reason but not sure what it is.

Anyone can help me on input to add another company along with RAF so I can get paid at least for some? I had two companies contact me but I don;t know who is good about paying and who is not. PM me please if you can suggest to me about what other ad network to add along with the RAF which I believe fills 30% but still pays 60.40 when they do pay. Maybe I have it correct?

Thank you. 
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
 
casbboy
Topic Author
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:19 pm

I've written every contact given, and still have not heard back. I'm dropping Roku Audience for 495 communications. The CPMs are $10-$14, so comparable. Actually, how would I know, nobody from Roku ever got back to me.
 
newchannel
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 am

casbboy wrote:
I've written every contact given, and still have not heard back. I'm dropping Roku Audience for 495 communications. The CPMs are $10-$14, so comparable. Actually, how would I know, nobody from Roku ever got back to me.

I heard from 495. Have not checked them out. I had another one also contact me. Been wondering which services out there are good ones. 
Thanks for the info.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests