Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtalbott
Visitor

First Time Creating Direct Publisher Channel

Hello, I've been at this for hours, hopefully someone can point me in a better direction.  I'm trying to create a Direct Publisher channel and created a feed at https://s3.amazonaws.com/tw-roku-images/tw-roku.json[/url:3ef87u30]

When I check the Feed Status sect...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: First Time Creating Direct Publisher Channel

You specify tags, yet, have no category that uses them. Tags are optional. Have you tried removing them?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
jtalbott
Visitor

I only added them after getting the error to try to fix it.
0 Kudos
jtalbott
Visitor

Just to update, I figured it out. I was trying to add Episode IDs to the playlist. You can only add Movies, Series, TV Specials, or Short Form Videos to a playlist. It would be nice to be able to make a category on my homescreen that could show individual episodes but I don't see a way that can be done in  Direct Publisher. A klugey way would be to create a series with just one episode per series. Another way would be to create movie objects instead of episodes, but I'm not sure how that affects ROKU search... will people think my tv episodes are movies...

For now, I'm abandoning trying to display episodes on the home screen and instead showing series tiles.
0 Kudos