Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shefik
Visitor

Search in Direct Publisher

Is there a way to enable search in the Direct Publisher JSON feed?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Search in Direct Publisher

My earlier similar question may help you.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
MarlonC
Visitor

"Baradanikto" wrote:
My earlier similar question may help you.

I believe the OP was asking about a search button inside of the Direct Publisher Channel.  It's automatically added in Direct Publisher for the external Roku search.  I too am looking for an internal Search within my own Roku Channel.  
Thanks
0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

has there been a solution to this? No matter what I type in the search, nothing comes up. Are there some sort of secret lines of code we need to add to each item???

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

As referenced in the previous post I linked, the Search icon is only available if your feed file is XML based.  I have two channels I test with.  One uses an XML feed and it does show a Search button that works correctly.  And, one that is built from Json that does not show a Search button.

Seems like Roku should be supporting both feed types, but, apparently DP doesn't.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

my channel is a DP built using a .json feed and it is showing a search icon at the bottom of the channel. I would prefer it not show if it is not going to work. Is there a way to remove it that you know of?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I don't know if this will work, but, try changing the channel layout in the developer portal. I have one channel that uses the Hero layout and one that does not.

0 Kudos