Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casbboy
Visitor

Use Own Ad Server... Question

I was given this tag for CTV:

[url=http://ssp.lkqd.net/ad?pid=9&sid=621659&output=vast&execution=any&placement=&playinit=auto&volume=100&width=[WIDTH]&height=[HEIGHT]&dnt=[DO_NOT_TRACK]&appname=[APP_NAME]&bundleid=[APP_BUNDLE_ID]&appstoreurl=[APP_STORE_URL]&appversion=[APP_VERSION]&aid=[ADVERTISING_ID]&aidmd5hex=[ADVERTISING_ID_MD5]&aidsha1hex=[ADVERTISING_ID_HEX]&contentid=[CONTENT_ID]&contenttitle=[CONTENT_TITLE]&contentlength=[CONTENT_LENGTH]&contenturl=[CONTENT_URL]&rnd=[CACHEBUSTER]]http://ssp.lkqd.net/ad?pid=9&sid=621659&output=vast&execution=any&placement=&playinit=auto&volume=100&width=[WIDTH]&height=[HEIGHT]&dnt=[DO_NOT_TRACK]&appname=[APP_NAME]&bundleid=[APP_BUNDLE_ID]&appstoreurl=[APP_STORE_URL]&appversion=[APP_VERSION]&aid=[ADVERTISING_ID]&aidmd5hex=[ADVERTISING_ID_MD5]&aidsha1hex=[ADVERTISING_ID_HEX]&contentid=[CONTENT_ID]&contenttitle=[CONTENT_TITLE]&contentlength=[CONTENT_LENGTH]&contenturl=[CONTENT_URL]&rnd=[CACHEBUSTER][/url]

So do I just put that into the ad server URL in the dashboard? This is meant for pre or post roll. So do I have to add anything to the direct publisher feed to make this work?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SolveLLC
Visitor

Re: Use Own Ad Server... Question

You've got a long hard education ahead.
0 Kudos
casbboy
Visitor

Ahh,

That doesn't exactly help me. So is that a no on using the tag for ad server? I can program it out if it has to be different (our feed is direct from server), and we use VAST/vPaid for our JS players, but CTV is a different beast.

Trying to get a grasp on what's expected here. Every company that wants to be on our Roku channel is just sending us tags like this.

Any page you can recommend on guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Ryan
0 Kudos
casbboy
Visitor

"SolveLLC" wrote:
You've got a long hard education ahead.

Ehh, actually turned out being pretty easy. Just added the url above with proper macros. Boom.
0 Kudos
NINJARay

Sorry to drop in on your thread, but any chance you might be able to tell me "where" to add the URL? We have a Direct Publisher channel and will be given a VAST tag with macros to include a pre-roll prior to streaming a "live" feed (playlist). Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

The VAST tag/URL is not included in the Direct  Publisher feed. Instead it's configured on the "Monetization" page for the channel in your Roku Developer Account. There's a single box available to enter the URL, so you can either enter a single VAST tag, or you can provide a URL pointing at your own ad server which can serve up multiple VAST tags.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
ssekrk
Visitor

Can you share the tag with the macros you used?  Has the tag worked and fired preroll ads?
0 Kudos
rachelatseeds
Reel Rookie

Hey Ryan - How did you add the proper macros/find our what specifically those are?

Thanks!

0 Kudos