Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel not Updating

I have a Direct Publisher channel that has been operating well for a couple of years.  Recently, the channel doesn't update on our Roku 3 (4230X). I've checked the developer dashboard and the feed is updating correctly with no errors. If I republish the channel, thereby bumping the version number, the channel will update correctly. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Channel not Updating

I have the same issue. Except I see nowhere to Publish again.
I've updated my channel by adding a video and it says that it was ingested, but it's not appearing on my Roku channel when viewing directly from the device.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Channel not Updating

Make sure when you're in the update channel list, (Feed URL, Categories, Branding) to also go to the BOTTOM one, I think it's Preview & Publish, and there will be a button saying Publish or Update or something.

Kindof an undetailed workflow as one could easily add Categories or a new URL feed and click Save at the buttom, unaware they also need to goto the Preview & Publish page too. But likely that could be your problem, if not please post back.
0 Kudos