Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Baradanikto

Re: Feed Issue, no videos showing up (Newbie)

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 am

Bigmike333 and all others with this problem...

For my unpublished (test) channel, I do, in fact, rename my feed file each time I make a change because I want my changes reflected immediately.  I use Amazon's CloudFront caching and if I don't rename the file (ie. I use the same name), the changes are not reflected until the cache has been refreshed.

There must be some other condition, as I stated earlier in this thread, that is contributing to the "bug".  How else would I be able to continue to update my channel?  Is it possible that there's a problem in the actual feed file?  For example, a stray BOM in the file.  I know early on when I first started creating my Json feed file, I had problems with the file and the use of a BOM in the file.  That's one of the reasons I decided to write my own software to create and manage Json feeds.
Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://rrirower.wixsite.com/software. No Programming, JSON or MRSS knowledge required.

Bigmike333

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:23 pm

I downloaded your trial version of the software. Is there a comprehensive set of instructions for it that explain what each element of the program does, formats, changes, etc? It is well laid out, but I have no idea how it puts out a json file to upload. Even if it did, it would crash on Roku. The json file I have been using worked in the past. All I changed was the url for the live stream, which plays fine in VLC, and plays fine after I go ahead and publish the channel. The only way to preview it though, is to actually publish the channel. This is not a good plan. My channel worked, but how many will not?

Baradanikto

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 am

Big mike333...

I'm not sure what you mean by a "comprehensive list of instructions".  The software does come with a Help file that explains how to use it.  If you've got specific questions, please PM me, or, contact me through the website in my signature.
Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://rrirower.wixsite.com/software. No Programming, JSON or MRSS knowledge required.

elivate
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:14 am

Hi Guys,

UPDATE:
As of  June 24th, 2019... the issue seems to have been "FIXED" already... I was able to create unpublished channels, delete, add new, and all working fine now!!!

Hopefully it stays fixed :)

Thank you all who contributed to this thread :)