Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genepensiero
Roku Guru

JSON file length maximum

Does anyone know if there's a max limit to the size of our JSON file or the number of videos a channel can have?

My channel currently has 315 videos, ~8000 lines of code, a little less than 250kb in size. 

I get a little nervous having come from the old Roku SDK where all the categories were conveniently separated into their own, short xml files. 
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: JSON file length maximum

I seem to remember the following limitations for DP. 25 rows of 40 "items". Where, an "item" is not necessarily one video. It can be a series of videos. There's no limit on the physical size of the feed file. The Roku partner site details these limitations.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Thanks
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

If you use .json file to set the playlist, there is no 40 item limitation.
0 Kudos

I don't know of any limitations with JSON files. As an FYI, one of my DP channels's JSON file has over 20,000+ lines with 842 videos and is 678kb.
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback. 
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

The limitations were posted by RokuTomC, but they might have changed since it was posted here -
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=100198#p555124
0 Kudos