Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

NEW! Json Feed Manager 2019 Windows Desktop Software

I have just released the latest version of the Json Feed Manager 2019 Windows Desktop software.  Redesigned from user feedback, this version improves the general work flow when creating and maintaining a Json feed file, and, adds lots of new features.  Here's a sampling of what's new...

• BIF (Trick play) file creation.

• Import of foreign files including MRSS, CSV, InstantTV Channel (xml file), and SQLite.

• Predefined ad breaks.

• Improved tag entry.

• Category reordering.

• Copy individual feed items to create a new item.

• ...and lots more!

[youtube:vp7nkrf3]qfEKtHwcd5M[/youtube:vp7nkrf3]

Requirements:

• 64 Bit Windows" 7, 8, 10.

• .Net Framework 4.6.

• Internet access.

• 90MB free disk space.

• Minimum resolution: 1366 x 768

Existing Json Feed Manager customers can use coupon code "RJFM50" to receive 50% off the list price.  New customers, please use coupon code "SALE10" to receive a $10 discount on your order.  One coupon per user.  Cannot be applied to other products.

NOTE:  The coupon codes are valid until June 30, 2019.  
15 day trial version available.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
10 REPLIES 10
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: NEW! Json Feed Manager 2019 Windows Desktop Software

Hi,
I have some questions about importing .csv files.
1- Is there any template for .csv?
2- Can I merge a .csv to an existing .json?

I have a big json file (3.2 Mb) and it's working perfectly. for adding new series to my json file, it's really easy to use spread sheet to manage all episodes. I want to add series without entering episodes one by one.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

The software installs a Samples folder that contains a working example of importing a Comma Separated Value file (csv).
You cannot merge a .csv into a .json.  However, you can import the .csv to create a .json, and, merge it with an existing .json file.

More info is available on our website.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Just a reminder - time is running out to purchase the NEW Json Feed Manager at a discount.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Promo code expires end of June.
0 Kudos

Look like I missed the existing user discount.
Let me know if you offer the 50% discount for existing users.

For me, the new features are not a need, but may be nice to have.
What I would really like is the ability to create the first screen as categories.  That would be worth an update, so I can have multiple channels/categories in one channel, instead of making different channels for each category.

My primary channel is Music, but I want to start doing events.  It would look silly to have events not related to Music on the music channel, but if my channel were like a tv station with different categories, I can keep them all in the single channel as categories.  That way I only have to promote the single channel instead of promoting multiple channels. 

Can you make a landing page for categories?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Rather than using this thread, please email or PM me directly with any questions, requests, or, concerns.
0 Kudos
AlphaSierra
Reel Rookie

Why do I get a Chinese site when I click your link? absolutely nothing about Json files

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Please use the GitHub link in my signature to download the software.

0 Kudos