Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balexing
Visitor

Genre Invalid or Missing

Hello, I have read all the post on genre feed issues and cannot seem to find a solution for my problem. I am a new developer and having trouble with my feed. Here is my XML, but I cannot seem to find where to update the missing genre. Can someone assist me in correcting this error? Thanks!

}
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Genre Invalid or Missing

What you show is a Json feed file.  According to the Roku Json spec, a Movie object must contain a 'genre' object.  Take a look at the Movie section in the spec and you'll see an example of a genre object.  Additionally, you have an empty Series object.  It's never a good idea to have empty objects in your feed file.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
balexing
Visitor

Thank you for the reply. However, I’m no closer to figuring out how to correct this with your answer. How do I populate those empty objects?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

What are you using to build your feed file?  You need to use that tool to add a 'genre' object (as shown in the Json Spec) to your feed file.  As for the Series object, you should continue to define it, or, remove it.  Does that make it clear?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
balexing
Visitor

Thank you for the help Jason!

I'm a bit new to this, so I hope this answers your question. It's built-in to the S3Bubble template I am using that connects to AWS, but I see no where to edit this information. Can you point me in the right direction?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to help you.  I don't have any experience with S3Bubble.  I'd also caution you against getting locked into any form of subscription service for your channel.  Especially one that does not provide enough help to guide you through creating your channel.  There are other available options to developing a channel.  If you're interested, have a look at the software I provide in my signature at the bottom.

Again, sorry I could not be of help...
0 Kudos
balexing
Visitor

Ok, thank you. I think I was able to read some more and figure it out. The feed populated and the channel is publishing now. I will post a reply after publishing and let you know how it goes. Also, I will check out your channel. Thanks again.
0 Kudos