If you decide to try this: I know adverts don't fire until a video has played about 19 minutes or so. And then MidRoll ads should play every 13 minutes. And of course Pre-Roll will play when you start a new video.
(If you're new to this...here's how it works (very easily.) This "Vast" tag is designed to be placed into "monetization" window within the Direct Publisher website.
- So, login to your Roku developer account.
- Then go to "manage my channels" and then click the "preview and update" button to open up your Roku Channel.
- Then go to the R-hand drop-down menu and select "monetization."
- Select "Yes" then select "I want to sell my own ads.." . You'll see it open up a box for a URL.
- Just copy and then paste the code below into the box.
- And lastly you should select a Nielsen Genre like "general variety" because this Tag is designed to play on general and family types of channels.
So -- just right click and "copy link" - then go into Roku and paste it as is.)
Reminder: Sometimes Roku's website needs to be refreshed in order to accept new info.
https://a.vertamedia.com/?width=ROKU_AD ... _version=2
After doing this, on the bottom of the page is a box, check it, and save.
*Note: in order to get immediate results for testing you may wish to go into your "feed status" and "refresh it" and then choose "PUBLISH."
Now it's ready for playback on your Roku device, you might want to "update" it in order to force Roku to make the changes to your channel immediate.
***Bye the way, if you like the way the advertising works, I'm sure I can get you into an arrangement with the ad-server if you like. Just send me a message within this Forum please.