Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DeanLach
Topic Author

A VAST TAG (aka Ad Server Tag) for monetization Testing

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:34 pm

HI, I'm testing this Ad-Tag and I wonder if those of you who have DP channels would like to place it into your Channels to test how/if the video-ads play.  
If you decide to try this: I know adverts don't fire until a video has played about 19 minutes or so.  And then MidRoll ads should play every 13 minutes.  And of course Pre-Roll will play when you start a new video.
(If you're new to this...here's how it works (very easily.)  This "Vast" tag is designed to be placed into "monetization" window within the Direct Publisher website.  

1. So, login to your Roku developer account.  
  2. Then go to "manage my channels" and then click the "preview and update" button to open up your Roku Channel.  
  3. Then go to the R-hand drop-down menu and select "monetization."  
  4. Select "Yes" then select "I want to sell my own ads.." .  You'll see it open up a box for a URL.  
  5. Just copy and then paste the code below into the box.  
  6. You don't have to paste in a privacy policy URL but if you do you can point the URL to your website/other that says something like "I don't collect any user data...")   
  7. And lastly you should select a Nielsen Genre like "general variety" because this Tag is designed to play on general and family types of channels.
Below is the TAG (don't change a thing, I know it doesn't appear to be a complete Tag herein, but the LINK WILL POPULATE A COMPLETE TAG.
So -- just right click and "copy link" - then go into Roku and paste it as is.) 
Reminder: Sometimes Roku's website needs to be refreshed in order to accept new info.

https://a.vertamedia.com/?width=ROKU_AD ... _version=2

After doing this, on the bottom of the page is a box, check it, and save.  
*Note: in order to get immediate results for testing you may wish to go into your "feed status" and "refresh it" and then choose "PUBLISH."
Now it's ready for playback on your Roku device, you might want to "update" it in order to force Roku to make the changes to your channel immediate.
***Bye the way, if you like the way the advertising works, I'm sure I can get you into an arrangement with the ad-server if you like.  Just send me a message within this Forum please.
Cut that Cable!

37mediagroup

Re: A VAST TAG (aka Ad Server Tag) for monetization Testing

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:54 am

Interested, just wanna hear a little more. Is this like a startup ad agency or something, with the intention of selling ads in the near future?  What ads currently play, like real clients ads or a generic dummy/test ad. And, for this beta test period, how long are you looking for us to keep it in. Just for like a day or so to watch ourselves & report back to you.

DeanLach
Topic Author

Re: A VAST TAG (aka Ad Server Tag) for monetization Testing

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 pm

37mediagroup wrote:
Interested, just wanna hear a little more. Is this like a startup ad agency or something, with the intention of selling ads in the near future?  What ads currently play, like real clients ads or a generic dummy/test ad. And, for this beta test period, how long are you looking for us to keep it in. Just for like a day or so to watch ourselves & report back to you.

HI, Thank you for writing.
1.) I'm not an ad agency and have no intention of selling ads.  
2.) The ads that do play are real ads.  They are placed by the ad-server connected to the Vast Tag.  The Roku audience targeted is general, over 13 years of age. 
3.) Place the Tag into a Direct Publisher Channel (or an SDK if you have the developer chops.)  Keep the tag in play for as long as you like.   
4.) It's your option to report your findings if you like because...the ad-server's portal allows me to login and get a report.
Cut that Cable!