Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeanLach
Roku Guru

A VAST TAG (aka Ad Server Tag) for monetization Testing

(Link Deleted...I've decided to go totally NO ADS.)

Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: A VAST TAG (aka Ad Server Tag) for monetization Testing

Interested, just wanna hear a little more. Is this like a startup ad agency or something, with the intention of selling ads in the near future?  What ads currently play, like real clients ads or a generic dummy/test ad. And, for this beta test period, how long are you looking for us to keep it in. Just for like a day or so to watch ourselves & report back to you.
0 Kudos
DeanLach
Roku Guru

"37mediagroup" wrote:
Interested, just wanna hear a little more. Is this like a startup ad agency or something, with the intention of selling ads in the near future?  What ads currently play, like real clients ads or a generic dummy/test ad. And, for this beta test period, how long are you looking for us to keep it in. Just for like a day or so to watch ourselves & report back to you.

HI, Thank you for writing.
1.) I'm not an ad agency and have no intention of selling ads.  
2.) The ads that do play are real ads.  They are placed by the ad-server connected to the Vast Tag.  The Roku audience targeted is general, over 13 years of age. 
3.) Place the Tag into a Direct Publisher Channel (or an SDK if you have the developer chops.)  Keep the tag in play for as long as you like.   
4.) It's your option to report your findings if you like because...the ad-server's portal allows me to login and get a report.
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
rachelatseeds
Reel Rookie

If you wouldn't mind sharing, did you use a service to generate this VAST tag, and if so, what was it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

It doesn't work with Roku Stream/RAF Tester tool.

http://devtools.web.roku.com/stream_tester/html/index.html

0 Kudos
rachelatseeds
Reel Rookie

Are you saying you used http://devtools.web.roku.com/stream_tester/html/index.html to create VAST tags?  If so, could you explain how?  I don't see an intuitive way to do so.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7TonRobot

Hi Dean,

Thank you for sharing. This question is a little off-topic but it seems like you might know the answer to this.

Do you know if there is a method to pull back information about how the ad is handled once it is delivered to a Roku device? For example, I know that you can have pixels fire off for the ad quartiles but is there a method to get the time the ad was played in seconds?

Thank you,

Justin

0 Kudos