Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvstudios
Visitor

Google Ad Manager for Roku Ads

Hello,
We have a legacy Google account with access to DFP/Ad Manager. We are looking to use this to power our Roku VAST ads plus videos ads on our website. Are there any DFP or Ad Manager vets who can provide us with some advice and guidance? Thank you!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Google Ad Manager for Roku Ads

Are you asking where do you put your VAST tag into your Roku channel?  Just go into your Developer Dashboard, choose your channel and click 'Monetization', then enter it in there.

coskel
Roku Guru

Have you gotten the Google VAST tags to work? Whenever I test using the RAF tester, they throw errors, although they do work correctly in every online tester I try.

Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

not sure if I used the RAF tester, but yes I have GAM working in the Monetization field. 

0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Can you share what worked? I have tried multiple iterations of Google Ads with macros attached, and also tried using the RAF tester. The documentation is so sparse I have no idea what a correctly tested ad looks like.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I found Google Ad Manager the hard part, although in kinda looking thru the VAST building documentation there it does look a lot more manual than I remembered. My suggestions would be review the following documentions:

GAM: Drive Advertising Revenue with Google Ad Manager : Google (exceedlms.com)

VAST: https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/10678356?hl=en#env

Does Google Ad Manager spit out a VAST tag for you?  Or at least a starter one to work with?   (Sorry, I found mine but really don't wanna touch much or click anything at this point)

0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Ah...got it. its GAM, not Google Ads.

I have applied multiple times over the years, and never get a response.

Any tips on how to get apporved?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Oh, you're in the Direct Publisher subforum, try posting in the regular Developers forum. You could probably do a search of VAST and see if it was previously asked.

paulsaac

Can help you get one , Skype sacheen_paul

0 Kudos