Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamesq
Streaming Star

JW Feed Suddenly Not Working!?

I've been using JW for my Roku feed for a couple of years now...no problems. I added a video today like I usually would and suddenly have:

The feed format is invalid. We are unable to parse it.

I've tried re-uploading the newest video with a shorter filename...changing the title to remove the atypical character "|" (character above the forward slash. Still...feed won't work. Feedbucket has no problem reading the feed.

https://content.jwplatform.com/feeds/bvnULZlM.rss  [/size][/color]

[size=85]Can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated![/size]
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: JW Feed Suddenly Not Working!?

Your feed file does not look like it conforms to Direct Publisher's MRSS spec.  You've got several tags that the spec will not recognize.  Did you forget a flag/switch when exporting the feed file?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

Thank you @Baradanikto,

I actually didn't do anything new with the feed...just been using the one from my JWPlayer account since I created the channel. I've never had an issue before. This came up when I added the latest video. 
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

I've had emails back and forth with JW on this issue and still haven't found a resolution.

They've suggested I try using https://cdn.jwplayer.com/v2/playlists/bvnULZlM?format=legacyrss&poster_width=1920

It seems to contain the same info. I'm still not seeing a problem. 

Anyone else having issues with JW feeds?
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

With no changes on my part to the feed, I plugged the feed format I had been using https://content.jwplatform.com/feeds/bvnULZlM.rss into an unpublished channel on my account. A few minutes later, it checked out. Went back to the published channel...and the feed shows working. I have no explanation. Maybe there was a problem on Roku's end? Time lost, but it's working!
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

The same issue is back. This recurring problem seems to be on Roku's end. It self-corrected after days last time (explained above). 

I added a new video to the channel last night...exact same type of thing I've been doing for years (just like when this problem came up a few months ago) and the channel now shows errors again! 

1 item has an error: No valid items were found in the feed: validate09/18/2019 10:33AM
-->The error is 137060.pending.en99 items have error: 

Thumbnail must be 16x9 aspect ratio, at least 800w x 450h, and either in JPG or PNG format.
-->ALL images are 16x9 and over 800w x 450h jpgs (and this error didn't show until the latest upload)
0 Kudos