Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Windows Channel development software customers

Until recently, I was a developer of software tools for channel developers.  I provided such tools as the Json Feed Manager, MRSS Feed manager and the Roku to FireTV feed converter.  Due to a complaint by Roku, I no longer have a website to provide these tools to my users.  If you are one of my users, I apologize for any inconvenience.  You should have received an email detailing what has happened.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Windows Channel development software customers

I'm not using your software but I'm really sorry to hear that.  😞
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

This sounds really odd.  I love your software and it's helped me out of a few feed jams.  It makes it easy for folks to jump into the Roku ecosystem and build their own channel!

Hoping this gets resolves soon.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Sucks to hear, I'd just recommended your stuff & was going to link it, thought myb it was just a general website down/maintenancing issue.

I will say, was it just a cease & desist due to using the term "Roku" name on the site?  They have a pretty thorough T&C on their site if you wanna read thru it if they were vague as to why. Can you just recreate the site taking out the words "Roku" where applicable? (Using general phrase 'OTT Device')  Or was this a takedown of the software itself, saying it infringed on Roku's proprietary coding or something?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words.  

As I explained in the email I sent to all users, beyond the short-sightedness of Roku, my hosting company would not budge on allowing me the access I needed to correct the issue.  The site was built using Drupal.  I needed access to the Drupal admin menu, and, they would not allow that.

I'm still working through what my future will look like.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

I'm sorry to hear about that =/. Will there be a way to transfer over a license still for the RJFM? When my laptop dies I'll still need your fantastic software!
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@Jourdy288...As I indicated in my first post of this thread, you should have received an email response from me.  I am in the process of transitioning over to GitHub.  You can follow me there.

Also, please see this thread.
0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

Ah, strange, I didn't get an email from you- oh wait a sec, I think it's because my registration email is different from the one I usually use, my mistake. Let me check the other!
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Freeware products are now available via this portal.
0 Kudos