Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

What is the version of your DP channel?

I noticed that there are 2 kinds of Direct publisher channels.
Currently, some of them are:

• Version 1.30 with the Build number of your revision (For example build 12)

• And some of them are Version 1.2 with the build number of your revision (For example build 12 or so)
I have a couple of DP channels and both of them were Version 1.3. Around 10 days ago one of them turned to V 1.2 !!!
In V 1.2, two new icons have been added to the bottom of the channel, The "Search" and the "About" and the "About" icon showing that the Version of the channel is 2.6.123 (shell 1.2.6)!
Meanwhile, the other channel is still Version 1.30.
Did anyone experience this kind of downgrade? (or upgrade because V1.2 might be newer than V 1.30)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: What is the version of your DP channel?

Finally, it has been updated to the new version!

My channel has been updated and we had a lot of trouble to fix errors. I noticed that I'm not alone in this update, a lot of old DP channels updated yesterday.

1- Old version (1.3) has a few restrictions and I think the new version  (2.6) is made to take care of DP channels!!! for example in the new version, 40 items per category are mandatory. (in my old good version I had more than 50)

2- The content ID should be unique and if you change the ID you are in trouble! in this case, you will get the "Start Subscription" string instead of your short description!!! and the channel does not open.

0 Kudos
badseed
Binge Watcher

Hi,

I have the same problem.

What do you mean with the content id? Which field does it correspond to in the json object?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

For each item you have an "id" in your json file there are lines just like this:

"id": "xxxxxxxxxx",

Change your xxxxxxxx's to new one. 

0 Kudos
badseed
Binge Watcher

I wasn't able to solve this problem. My JSON looks like this. So only the shortFormVideo object has "id" field and i tried to update it multiple times and no progress at all. The weird thing is that the same/similar xml feed works fine on a different app.

shortFormVideos: [{
    "id": "ID-tv5-2",
    "title": "TV5",
    "shortDescription": "TV5 Live",
    "longDescription": "TV5 Live TV",
    "thumbnail": "http://test.com/logo.png",
    "genres": ["news"],
    "tags": ["fun"],
    "releaseDate": "2018-10-10T10:10:10.000Z",
    "content": {
       "dateAdded": "2018-10-10T10:10:10.000Z",
       "captions": [],