Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dikum
Topic Author

LiveFeed URL Not Working

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi,
I can't seem to get my Roku channel working properly. It keeps returning this error "Required Video URL is Unreachable". This URL plays properly when pasted in a browser. It's a URL to a livefeed in Vimeo.
Please help, I seem stuck.

37mediagroup

Re: LiveFeed URL Not Working

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am

Are you grabbing the correct URL?

It's not just the vimeo.com/video/3123464789  or whatever. You'll need to click on Settings > Distribution > Video File Links and grab the HTTP Live Streaming link. I've never done Vimeo Live tho, but just making sure your on that track, I belive it should have a .m3u8 in it.

outinthebg

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm

I have been waiting for my new json URL feed to be ingested for over 24 hours. Never had to wait this long. 

jwhite

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am

Hey all. I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same error message. The only thing blocking me from publishing my channel is my Feed status.

What is the fix here?

genepensiero

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Don't know if this will apply to you or not, but will share why this happened to us and how we fixed it.

We have a live stream using Wowza. When we first set up our direct publisher channel, Roku would constantly say it was unreachable. For us, the reason was because it was calling for a live stream, but that URL wasn't streaming constantly. So, when Roku went to find it during a day we weren't streaming, it would think the link was broken.

So, what we've had to do is set up a constant stream (a looping video that says when our live stream happens) and then, when it's time to actually go live, our feed breaks into that live loop. When our live stream is over, it goes back to the looping video.

Once we did this, the unreachable video error went away. It seems that direct publisher requires that the HLS links point to something that is constantly playing.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This was our experience. And still today, if we turn off that constantly looping video when our live stream is not on, the roku feed says our HLS is unreachable and removes it from the channel until the next ping.