Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimulClay
Visitor

Logo Swap on Sub Channels

Hello, I am new to this so please bare with me if these questions are "soft". I had just recently taken over for another dev on an account that has a channel on Roku but also sub channels inside of it. The previous dev had uploaded the wrong logos and branding to these sub channels and I am having trouble finding out where to swap them out. 
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Logo Swap on Sub Channels

Are you sure it was a Direct Publisher channel?  DP is like a Wordpress quick install template, as opposed to a purely coded one (.brs file)?

I'm not aware of sub channels within a DP, but the branding section is in your Dashboard > Manage Channels > Preview & Update. You'll see a dropdown with about 10 different items, one of which is Branding.

If it's a coded file, chances are it's in some form of Manifest File, since you don't seem to see many .jpg or .png items. Look for any URLs in your file and look within them for any image items. Chances are the files links to a feed file of sorts (json) which has all the branding image urls within that.

Also, if you do have a coded site there's another subforum within this Developer area for those, this is posted in the DP section.
0 Kudos
SimulClay
Visitor

That I am unaware of, I have posted in the other forum hoping it was the correct one, thank you for the advice. I do not see it in the branding area though, only for the main channel. But that would make sense if it is in the coding in a source file format. I just don't know where the heck to find that source code. 
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

"SimulClay" wrote:
That I am unaware of, I have posted in the other forum hoping it was the correct one, thank you for the advice. I do not see it in the branding area though, only for the main channel. But that would make sense if it is in the coding in a source file format. I just don't know where the heck to find that source code. 

How many files is your package?  Are you able to look thru each one & look for external links. Again likely within there is a link to a URL to another file or a json/xml, which within that is the image jpg or png.  Is there a Content or Components file within your package?  Otherwise any xml files to check thru.

Yeah, walking into it I could see being a brain warp of sorts, it's kinda like the movie Momento walked backwards into it retracing someones steps. Following breadcrumbs or reverse engineering it. Depending how much time you want to put in or need to figure it out you can check their Developer overview: https://developer.roku.com/docs/feature ... verview.md  in the top left corner is a dropdown to change it to Developer. Looks like they changed the format of it recently, in there is/was a few Sample channels pre-built to play around with & learn. Although, in the course of time it may be quicker to go line by line to just search for  those darn images. Might be good to read thru at some point though if you're going to manage it.

I believe that section of the forum isn't too responsive to some request &/or are alot of game developers.
0 Kudos
SimulClay
Visitor

For sure, I only see one, that is the main problem so when I look at that one I am thinking, okay where are the rest. I also need to update the stream URLS but again, only see the access to that main one URL for the main channel. This is completely like Memento backwards lol. I will read through that as this is imperative that I change these URLS for the channels post haste and I just personally hate seeing the wrong logos since I designed the correct ones long ago and the other person just willie nilly put up their own made up ones that seem created in MS Paint or just used whatever they had auto populated in their font selection in Word hahah. Where can download this "package" of code or files and look through it to change and re-upload?
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Sorry, I didn't see your response. Wow, they left you with nothing didn't they.  Not even the package files or anything?  I tested it out about a year ago, I thought they were self hosted & you fed Rokus dashboard the link, anyway its in the Dashboard section somewhere in Manage Channels. I would look around for package info.  That or read thru the SDK docs about submitting channel to determine how its done. I can't get to iany of it at the moment & it was a while ago. 
0 Kudos
SimulClay
Visitor

Okay, thank you for your help, I will continue looking around. 
0 Kudos