Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirkc
Visitor

2 items have error: Series seasons and episodes missing. Only one must be included.

I have two errors and I don't understand them?

{"providerName":"GoobersGalaxy","lastUpdated":"2019-09-08T22:41:39+00:00","language":"en","movies":[],"series":[{"id":"3206","title":"Learning Fun - ABC Song | Alphabet Song for Children","content":{"dateAdded":"2019-09-08T22:41:39+00:00","videos":[{"url":"https:\/\/www.goobersgalaxy.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/09\/Goobers_Galaxy-ABC_Song.mp4","quality":"FHD","videoType":"MP4","bitrate":null}],"duration":244},"genres":["animated","children","educational"],"thumbnail":"http:\/\/www.goobersgalaxy.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/09\/ABC-Song.jpg","releaseDate":"2019-09-08T22:41:39+00:00","shortDescription":"Join Goober and sing along in this Fun and Exciting Journey into the Alphabet. Learn letters presented through the ABC Song with Goober. This Video encourages young Pre-schoolers to learn and recognize the ABCs and Phonics.   ","longDescription":"Join Goober and sing along in this Fun and Exciting Journey into the Alphabet. Learn letters presented through the ABC Song with Goober. This Video encourages young Pre-schoolers to learn and recognize the ABCs and Phonics.   ","tags":["abc song","abcs","alphabet","alphabet song","educational","learning fun"],"credits":null,"rating":null,"externalIds":null},{"id":"3200","title":"Story Time - My Dream in the Drawer","content":{"dateAdded":"2019-09-08T22:19:15+00:00","videos":[{"url":"https:\/\/www.goobersgalaxy.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/09\/Goobers_Galaxy-Story_Time_My_Dream_-in_the_Drawer.mp4","quality":"FHD","videoType":"MP4","bitrate":null}],"duration":445},"genres":["animated","children","educational"],"thumbnail":"http:\/\/www.goobersgalaxy.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/09\/my-dream-in-the-drawer-2.jpg","releaseDate":"2019-09-08T22:19:15+00:00","shortDescription":"Join Goober and Mr. Literature on a Fun and Exciting Journey into the Book \"My Dream in the Drawer\". A fun and inspiring story for all ages, encouraging young ones to dream and work hard toward their goals. Showing them that hard work and imagination can not only be Fun but Rewarding!","longDescription":"Join Goober and Mr. Literature on a Fun and Exciting Journey into the Book \"My Dream in the Drawer\". A fun and inspiring story for all ages, encouraging young ones to dream and work hard toward their goals. Showing them that hard work and imagination can not only be Fun but Rewarding!","tags":["bedtime stories","books","children stories","educational","goobers galaxy","imagination","kid stories","story time"],"credits":null,"rating":null,"externalIds":null}],"shortFormVideos":[],"tvSpecials":[],"categories":[{"name":"Learning Fun","playlistName":"learning-fun","order":"chronological"},{"name":"Story Time","playlistName":"story-time","order":"chronological"}],"playlists":[{"name":"learning-fun","itemIds":["3206"]},{"name":"story-time","itemIds":["3200"]}]}
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: 2 items have error: Series seasons and episodes missing. Only one must be included.

The first error is superfluous and is a result of the problems noted by the second error.  The second error indicates you do not have any valid video items in the feed.  Here are some errors/warnings you should investigate:

2019-09-09 10:50:28.6070 ERROR Empty 'movies' object found in feed file.
2019-09-09 10:50:28.6070 ERROR '3206' contains an incorrectly formatted 'ReleaseDate'.  Setting date to '2019-09-08'.
2019-09-09 10:50:28.6070 ERROR '3200' contains an incorrectly formatted 'ReleaseDate'.  Setting date to '2019-09-08'.
2019-09-09 10:50:28.6070 ERROR Empty 'short form videos' object found in feed file.
2019-09-09 10:50:28.6070 ERROR Empty 'tv special' object found in feed file.

In addition, your feed file does not conform to the Roku Json spec.  For example, you define a series without defining an Episode, or, a Season object.  One or the other must be used with a Series object.  You define the 'bitrate' field as 'null' which is invalid.  The 'releaseDate' field is not formatted according to the spec.

The above are some of the reasons why the first message appears.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos