Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

New liveFeed in Direct Publisher

In Aug 23rd a blog post has been published introducing liveFeed in Direct Publisher.
https://blog.roku.com/developer/direct- ... r-livefeed

I tried the instruction and it didn't work for me. It makes a page (just like movies) and my live stream (tested)  is not selectable.
has anyone tried this one?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: New liveFeed in Direct Publisher

Did you specify a validity date span?  I'm not sure that would cause your problem, but, I believe it controls when a live stream is active.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Update

If your DP version is 1.3 liveFeed will not going to work for you.

After the channel update, it is working fine. 

0 Kudos
badseed
Binge Watcher

Hi,

my app was updated to 1.2 yesterday and my channels stopped playing after that. Everything looks fine but when I click on a channel icon nothing happens and it doesn't play the video. Any idea why could it be?

0 Kudos
shyman
Reel Rookie

Re: New liveFeed in

in my test preview Direct Publisher app, it didn't work . in published Direct Publisher app , worked . hope framework programmer of  roku Direct Publisher, solve this problem soon.

0 Kudos
badseed
Binge Watcher

I think the problem shows up when you use the same "id" in different video types. (or even on two different playlists) For my case I moved the shortFormVideos to liveFeeds using the same ids. And then updated the playlist url. So i think that created a conflict. Then i started to return 404 for the old feed url because roku was still polling it. I also started to return 404 for the m3u8 files listed on the old playlist. This fixed the issue but this is definitely a work around. 

0 Kudos
badseed
Binge Watcher

I updated the query names in the categories field. I think this also helped.

0 Kudos