Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roverradio
Visitor

Working HLS stream gives error in Direct Publisher

Trying to create a Direct Publisher channel with just a single live HLS stream. Said HLS stream works on all other devices/platforms tested (even my native Roku test app), but Direct Publisher returns the following error:

The feed URL(s) could not be validated.
  •  The server returned a non-200 status code - (302).

The feed is coming from DFP stitch, with a URL like this (NOT the valid URL, so this won't work...Roku admin feel free to PM me if you'd like actual URL to test)
    https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/ssai/e ... aster.m3u8
    Any help greatly appreciated...would LOVE to use Direct Publisher. Thanks!
  • 0 Kudos
    5 REPLIES 5
    roverradio
    Visitor

Re: Working HLS stream gives error in Direct Publisher

Oops, my fault - I was putting the URL directly into feed URL box instead of into a custom feed. Works now.
    0 Kudos
    bucbrock

"roverradio" wrote:
    Oops, my fault - I was putting the URL directly into feed URL box instead of into a custom feed. Works now.

Would you be able to provide an example of your "Feed URL"? I am trying to get a live HLS feed working. 
    0 Kudos
    genepensiero
    Roku Guru

+1 asking for your example code. i'm also having a tough time with the Direct Publisher setup. 
    0 Kudos
    dtv
    Visitor

yep, same here, we have a simple channel w single 24/7 HLS stream. any help appreciated
    0 Kudos
    destruk
    Binge Watcher

What he meant was where Roku Direct Publisher was looking for the channel's content feed file he was entering the URL of the HLS manifest itself.
    The files inside the content feed can be redirected (302) and still work, but the feed file won't be validated by Direct Publisher if it's not returning a 200 OK response code.
    0 Kudos