Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mgpaulus

Re: NEW!! version of Mythroku & mythtv 0.20 (Protocols up 32

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Does mythroku support mythtv 0.24-2? If not, would it be possible to get the source code? the source ball from 2-27-10 seems to actually be a copy of the application instead of a sourceball.

$ file src
src: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, MIPS-II version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, not stripped

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Probably not as coded as the protocol version changes. All of this work is in libcmyth. Not too hard to update and I'd be happy to post the source code, and give help where wanted. I moved over to the rt1073 based players as I wanted to record hd from my directv box and the h.264 hd-pvr was the only way to go. Eo nyou have all the cross compiling stuff?

mgpaulus

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm

jm_maclaren wrote:
I moved over to the rt1073 based players as I wanted to record hd from my directv box and the h.264 hd-pvr was the only way to go.

Care to share some more details about this? I'm looking for some replacements for my stuff. I am using (or have access to) Hauppauge HD-PVR devices, as well as a couple of DCR-2650 CableCard devices. But I also need to support SD out as not all my TVs are HD yet.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Sure. google ketlaer & sourceforge, its old -ish but I added on to that a mythfrontend. It runs on the asus oplay, segate fat+, patriot box office, briteview cinema tube, ... (these are the players I use). You can play back recordings from your backend, with comm-skipping (needs some TLC), no livetv and playback of currently recording programs is an issue (stuttering). I may be able to fix that in 025 with http streaming. You can view the epg guide and schedule/modify recordings. It will playback sd,hd, mpeg2 and h.264 recorded via a hd-pvr. I can share my source code modifications. As this builds on some very clever hacking its not perfect - in particular the osd is quite crude. The guy who did all that work sesm to have vanished, But it is definitely usable as a silent cheap front end - doesn't seem to crash. I typically bought these boxes for ~$50 and they can probably be found more cheaply now.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

I have kludged live tv via upnp streaming on these boxes but its a hack!

mgpaulus

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 am

jm_maclaren wrote:
Sure. google ketlaer & sourceforge, its old -ish but I added on to that a mythfrontend. It runs on the asus oplay, segate fat+, patriot box office, briteview cinema tube, ... (these are the players I use). You can play back recordings from your backend, with comm-skipping (needs some TLC), no livetv and playback of currently recording programs is an issue (stuttering). I may be able to fix that in 025 with http streaming. You can view the epg guide and schedule/modify recordings. It will playback sd,hd, mpeg2 and h.264 recorded via a hd-pvr. I can share my source code modifications. As this builds on some very clever hacking its not perfect - in particular the osd is quite crude. The guy who did all that work sesm to have vanished, But it is definitely usable as a silent cheap front end - doesn't seem to crash. I typically bought these boxes for ~$50 and they can probably be found more cheaply now.

Is there a good reason to pick a specific one over the other? Does any one seem more capable than others, or easier to work with? Do any/all of them work with a Harmony remote? (I actually have an O!Play for the Honda Pilot w/Entertainment System. Load up a 320GB portable drive with hours and hours of shows/movies and give it to the kids. Makes the drive from Colorado to Indiana a bit more tolerable).

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 am

Not really. The Asus has a teeny remote so that's more limiting and you can't use the latest firmware as that sdk seems incompatible. They can all work with a universal though. I use a Phillips pronto. The next issue would be that some offer component as well as composite and HMDI. The Cinematube is more of a pain as its locked down to telnet and you have to flash a 3rd party firmware to open it up. The FAT is nice as it has netflix. Again I had to flash a 3rd party firmware to allow r/w access on filesystem. Netflix still works though. I have the PBO flashed with a 3rd party firmware too. I guess I like tinkering. I would suggest you play with the ASUS as you have that already and see if you like it.

I have been uploading stuff here at https://sites.google.com/site/ketlaer1/ but its woefully old. I would need to update that for you if you want to try it.

James

mgpaulus

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Ok, got my PBO on order from fleabay, so I guess I'll need your new MMS stuff for it, and if you could drop the sourceball for the picturebridge out there sometime, I'll see whether I can get a build environment set up. I'm thinking maybe I could use a build env from the mvpmc project.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Its not the easiest to cross-compile but I'd be happy to help you though it.
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... er-develop
has some helpful pointers as you have to overlay the libraries in the correct order (see that post). First though go to the ketlaer sourceforge site and pull that git repository. The README tells you which Asus libraries you need and the right tool chain and see if you can get stuff to compile. I could not get far with the qt and qtpy stuff if I recall. You have to use exactly that asus crosscompiler not other mipsel builds. The readme tells you how to set up the build environment too. From me, and I'll upload stuff this weekend, you need my version of mms and libketlaer, you need my configuration files and also mysql and mysql++. I can provide the compiled libraries to all of it if you need. My experience was that it was painful to crosscompile all of it and it easier under a debian 5 build, I have diffoculties with libtool on ubuntu. I just set up an old pc with debian 5 on it. I can let you know which fw I used on the PBO too. I would be happy to see someone else use my work :)

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:18 am

I will provide a tar file of the full compiled package that is in /usr/local/etc/ketlaer that you mount on the rdt1073 player as well as the Purcell so you can get going without the challenges of cross compiling a boat load of stuff!

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:45 pm

when you are ready email me at maclaren at tulane dot edu and I will send you the server ip and log on where you can grab the code.

bepcuongthinh

Thu May 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Thank you jm_maclaren for sharing 
Manager Showroom https://bepcuongthinh.vn