Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

skifiend

Awesome - thank you!

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 pm

My grateful thanks to the Endless. After spending an afternoon working through solutions described in another thread, and giving up, I stumbled across this one. The install worked perfectly! I am using the web interface to control my PB as I view it over my Slingbox.

One problem that I am running into is that my PB connection to the Slingbox is over S-video and analog stereo out. For remote viewing, I have to manually switch the audio/video output to these as the PB connects to my TV over Component & to my receiver over S/PDIF. I have to go into settings and manually switch the formats as follows:
Home viewing: "6: Component 1080i" (TV) & "Direct Digital Output" (receiver)
Remote viewing: "2: S-Video 480i" & "Stereo Downmix" (both to Slingbox)

An ideal solution would be that when I press the power switch on the remote on the web page, it turns on the PB and switches to the appropriate outputs (2: S-Video 480i & Stereo Downmix) and when I press it again, it switches back to "6: Component 1080i" & "Direct Digital Output" and powers off. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about setting it up?

I also thought about trying to do the switch with my home remote when I turn it on for home viewing but I could not find the remote IR codes to do this.

Thanks.

na9d

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 pm

I run my PB into my HD-Connect on my Slingbox and have the audio outputs from the component audio jacks going to the Slingbox. The PB outputs both on SPDIF and component audio. I don't have to switch anything...

I have found Andy Oliver's remote command line script to be a little faster for controlling the Slingbox though...
Roku Soundbridge M2000
Roku Soundbridge M1000
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevB
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevA
3 ReplayTVs
4 Slingboxes (Classic and Pro, AV and Solo)
Firefly Media Server and SlimServer Running on a MacPro
2 Vudu VOD Players

skifiend

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 pm

na9d wrote:
I run my PB into my HD-Connect on my Slingbox and have the audio outputs from the component audio jacks going to the Slingbox. The PB outputs both on SPDIF and component audio. I don't have to switch anything...

I believe that it may have to do with my 5.1 source material. My composite audio out of the PB is dead silent unless I switch the "MPEG2 Multichannel Audio" manually to "Stereo Downmix."

Edit: I have the Slingbox Classic and pondered the Slingbox HD until I figured out a way to have three sources (PVR + PB + coax input) working with the Slingbox Classic.

Connections:
PVR->composite video to SB & audio to Photobridge audio pass-through
Photobridge->S-video & audio->SB

I just switch between Slingbox inputs (S-video for PB & composite for PVR). The audio pass-through of the PB lets me hear the audio of the chosen input.

na9d wrote:
I have found Andy Oliver's remote command line script to be a little faster for controlling the Slingbox though...

I am happy to have -a- solution that is easy to install. I couldn't get Andy Oliver's solution working for some reason.

scarr

This is Great!

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:17 am

This worked the first time I tried it!!!!!

Very cool! Thanks alot! :D

mparadis

RokuWeb - Not right output

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Not sure but, going to port 81 after installing this, I get;

Going to the suggested URL of;

http://192.168.1.116:81/RokuWeb/index.html

Gives me;

No such file or directory.

And without, simply to port 81;

Roku is...
Anthony Wood Founder and CEO
Don Woodward Software Architect and CTO
David Wuertele System Software
Mike Kobb Applications ... Photo
Patrick Ellis Applications ... Audio
Dan Sletten Applications ... Clocks
Van Krueger Director of Operations
Ann Holland Director of Marketing
Shawn Andrews Customer Care, Beta Manager
Greg Garner Hardware
Narayan Neelum Drivers
Doug Shannon UI Design

thanks also: Phil Bunce, David Covington, Tim Foster, Angela
Special thanks to Tomoko for all the Scones!
run ps

Seems to be at the right path?

# ls -la /home/html/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Jan 14 13:18 RokuWeb -> /mnt/flash1/RokuWeb

And the service is running;

319 root S /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -DRHPl 0 -u 0 -g 0 0 81 /usr/local/fnord/fnordy

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Mike

mparadis

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Ah, didn't notice that I had to enter the 'home' directory as well.
On firefox however, I can only see the remote so guess I'll re-read this thread for that problem next :).

Mike

mparadis

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 pm

TheEndless wrote:
scumball wrote:
Yes using Firefox on a PC vers. 1.5.0.8

In order to write the screenshot to disk, the Roku needs write access to the share hosting the web pages. Can you confirm that this is the case? If so, is there a screen.bmp file in the RokuWeb folder? It's also entirely possible that it's case sensitive, so make sure the folder/symbolic link is named RokuWeb.

TheEndless

I downloaded the version at the start of this thread and what it has is a png, not a bmp. Might this be why I'm not able to see anything but the remote also?

And, if the directory needs write access, how does one do this because once the roku is running, everything goes into ro mode.

Thanks.

Mike