Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hondo
Topic Author

A Plea To The Developer of MythRoku

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:03 am

I loved this application and the way it seamlessly integrated with MythTV. You stated that you were working on a version that worked with the .19 version of Myth that worked and utilized libmyth so that you didn;t have the continuing issues with the protocol version in Myth changing.

Please release this code so that I can find someone to continue the development.

I understand your time constraints and appreciate your hard work on this application. I only seek to have it continue into the future.

Their is no other application that integrated with MythTv so well.

If you either release the code or are willing to complete it for a bounty, please send email me at

hondohudson@earthlink.net

Thanks

jm_maclaren

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:35 am

I have a rough version of mythroku that succesfully plays my recordings in protocol 31 (mythtv-0.20-fixes) and "may" work for protocol 32 - Ive coded but not tested it. I am happy to post the application but don't have a site to upload it. I guess I ned to figure out my personal webspace under cox. I'd be happy to email though to any interested before I get a web site set up. There are some rough edges I am working on but as my knowlege of the code is pretty shaky. No livetv yet though and for some weird reason I have to launch adn quit the application once before the videos play. I have also lost the thumbnails - no big deal to me.
Last edited by jm_maclaren on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

leenuxg33k

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:49 am

jm_maclaren wrote:
I have a rough version of mythroku that succesfully plays my recordings in protocol 31 (mythtv-0.20-fixes) and "may" work for protocol 32 - Ive coded but not tested it. I am happy to post the application but don't have a site to upload it. I guess I ned to figure out my personal webspace under cox. I'd be happy to email though to any interested before I get a web site set up. There are some rough edges I am working on but as my knowlege of the code is pretty shaky. No livetv yet though. :D

I can provide web space. I would have to upload it though. just pm me and we can set something up.

jm_maclaren

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:11 am

i just sent a pm but it seems to just sit in the oubox not sent not sure why.
if you pm me an email i will send the binary to you

hondo
Topic Author

Thanks You for your work

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:19 pm

Please accept my thanks for your work on this application. MythRoku is THE REASON i purchased a Roku.

Then I found Mplay and had another reason to use it daily.

There is nothing out there that matches this boxes capability for my intended and continued use. I have purchased 2 other products with no success.

I would love to get a copy when you can email it. See my email in the original post.

Looking forward to once again using this app!

By the way I don't care one bit about LiveTv or the thumbnails. Would love to see the app be able to schedule recordings and somehow avoid the Myth protcol bite in the ass each time they change, but right now just being able to convenitntly connect to the Mythbox and watch programs is going to be great. Thanks once again.

jm_maclaren

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:24 pm

Did mythroku allow program scheduling before, or just playback. I just got the device off ebay and have only got playback of recorded programs running. I wonder if web scheduling might be possible if the roku can display a web page. I'm not that knowlegable about the roku but can a browser run on it?

I have now posted it on my website

http://members.cox.net/jm_maclaren

I have started to look at livetv and scheduling.
Last edited by jm_maclaren on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hondo
Topic Author

No Scheduling

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:50 pm

No it never allowed you to schedule recordings. It was someting the prior developer said he had working, but never released or finished the updates.

I think(?) the roku will display a web page, but not sure.