Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mjl
Topic Author

Recent Problem DVD rips

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:28 pm

Two of my recent DVD purchases that I've ripped using DVD decypter for use in MPLAY take forever to start. What happens .... I start the file but it has 2-5 minutes of a black blank screen with no sound. If I try to fast forward it almost becomes unresponsive but eventually catches up. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Don't have this with others and does not appear to be a problem with MPLAY. I'm using MPLAY DVD. Any suggestions?

ukor

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:27 am

I believe that newer DVDs have introduced data errors that are ignored or handled by hardware DVD players, but which cause problems for the software used to RIP DVDs.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Recent Problem DVD rips

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:17 am

mjl wrote:
Two of my recent DVD purchases that I've ripped using DVD decypter for use in MPLAY take forever to start. What happens .... I start the file but it has 2-5 minutes of a black blank screen with no sound. If I try to fast forward it almost becomes unresponsive but eventually catches up. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Don't have this with others and does not appear to be a problem with MPLAY. I'm using MPLAY DVD. Any suggestions?

Give DVDFab Decrypter a try. It seems to work well on newer DVDs that DVD Decrypter has problems with.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

DaMutha

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:28 pm

TheEndless wrote:
Give DVDFab Decrypter a try. It seems to work well on newer DVDs that DVD Decrypter has problems with.

TheEndless

I've recently moved to RipIt4Me in lieu of DVDFab Decrypter, which was hit or miss with some. RipIt4Me is completely free, integrates with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, and is updated very frequently. Hasn't failed me yet.
Last edited by DaMutha on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjl
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:36 pm

TheEndless wrote:
Give DVDFab Decrypter a try. It seems to work well on newer DVDs that DVD Decrypter has problems with.TheEndless

Using DVDFab and solved the porblem... thanks!