Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:35 pm

rfisher1968 wrote:
I can run mythroku from the commandline, but not from the script in the GUI. What am I doing wrong?

Also MUCH THANKS for a great program.

I assume your start script is wrong somehow, though it looks the same as mine. Do all your directories exist, does mythroku.roku exist? Is the application named mythroku.app

You could print stuff out in the script to see what is in error. So, first try running the script from the command line

jeffw

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to try the new commercial skip version yet. My roku died :cry: and I'm trying to fix it. Hopefully I'll be back up and running sometime this week.

Thanks,

-Jeff

jeffw

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:27 am

My power supply crapped out but the Roku is back up and running thanks to some instructions on these forums for a <$10 fix.

I tried 0.80b last night. HD and SD stuff played great, but the accuracy of the commercial skip was such that I stopped using it. Is VBR vs CBR a setting I can control on the backend so I get better accuracy with your byte calculation?

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:41 pm

If you record at CBR it should be spot on. Otherwise I calculated an avergae bit rate based upon tne number of frames and its time length as reported by the backend. I posted a question to the myth dev list and got some ideas. I need to get info from the recordedseek table. I havent done that yet as I need to connect to the db and then query it rather than the backend.

For sd my pvr 350 has these set under the recording profiles I believe its set from a mythfrontend. My guess is we have no control over hd as its an mpeg stream fed by the tv station.

jeffw

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:30 am

I have a pcHDTV 3000 DVB card. I don't see any options to set the capture to VBR or CBR. It must be strictly for the analog capture cards. I'm only using my mythtv setup with digital sources (HD over the air).

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

update

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:16 pm

a brief update......

I now understand how to do a better job of comm skipping thanks to resplies on the myth devel list. I have to communicate directly with the myth mysql database. I am working out some of this right now. I have sucessfully queried the database from the command line to get the data needed, now I juts have to stick it into the code using the mysql provided routines. This always takles a while as I have been unable to get crosscompiling to work with the roku specific libraries. Any help on this would be appreciated, I couldnt get the posted instructions to work, I had the same compile issues as others.

On another note, I have a rough livetv working, I can watch live tv but at the end of the program it doesnt yet grab the new one it just stops like a regular recroding would. I havent set up channel changing yet either. My time has been limited of late by family stuff - kids swimming, upcoming Mardi Gras etc etc.

Just wanted to let folks know its still a work in progress!

James

hondo

Thanks

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:08 pm

I personally appreciate your hard work and the update on your progress. Looking forward to spending time in Mobile for Mardi Gras myself.
Last edited by hondo on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffw

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:25 pm

Jim,

I also appreciate what you are doing, though my Roku unfortunately died again. I fixed the power supply issue, but now something else is wrong. If anyone here has a working rev b that they want to unload, I may be willing to buy it.

Thanks,

-Jeff

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 pm

I have successfully queried the mythconverg database from mythroku and got the key frame & byte positions, as this connects frames to byte position in the stream I should be able to get amuch more accurate commskip - to within 0.5 sec. I will be taking a family vacation after Mardi Gras, so I won't get a new release out for a couple more weeks.

r111

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:55 am

great news Jim! I'm going to build me a MythTV box if you keep this up!

leenuxg33k

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:40 am

Just a heads up to anyone running mythtv from at-rpms. The latest version of mythtv -154 and mythroku are not happy with each other. mythroku causes the backend to segfault and the frontend dies so badly that a reboot is required on the roku before any app can play back video again.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:30 pm

mmm. Can you run mythroku from the command line and post the log if its not too large.
What is the protocol version of your backend
Also does the backend say much.
I have often found a segmentation fault reqires a reboot of the roku, its not very forgiving of errors

hondo

Jim - What effect will this have on MythRoku

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:56 am

Jim - What effect will this have on MythRoku - I run the .21 trunk from ATRPMS

mythtv commit: r12904 - in trunk by cpinkham

Author: cpinkham
Date: 2007-03-01 04:16:04 +0000 (Thu, 01 Mar 2007)
New Revision: 12904
Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/12904

Modified:

trunk/mythplugins/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
trunk/mythplugins/mythweb/modules/tv/includes/objects/Program.php
trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.h
trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/programinfo.cpp

Log:

Fix the bug causing original airdates prior to 1970 to be erroneously set to
Dec 31 1969 by passing the original air date around in Qt::ISODate (YYYY-MM-DD)
format instead of converting to unixtime.

Patch by Tony Lill with protocol bump and removal of now-unused variable by me.

Closes #2864.

WARNING: This bumps the MythTV Protocol from 32 to 33 since it changes the
format of the original airdate field in the ProgramInfo stringlist. You will
need to upgrade your frontends, backends, and mythweb all at the same time in
order for them to continue to function together properly.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:32 pm

my guess is it will cause all sorts of problems - just like going to 31 & 32. I will need to see how the record is stored on version 33. I wish they could keep it backwards compatible. I don't really care about recordings made in 1969!

hondo

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:54 pm

That is what I feared.

Alot of work for a very few.

Jeez I wish they would stop this insane protocol version march.

I quess to each his own.

I am not going to take any further updates until this get figured out. MythRoku is working great for me.

Thanks Jim