Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

leenuxg33k

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:03 am

I would love to try it... but my hd1000 finally bit the big one. no power light at all.

:-(

I might try replacing the power supply but I'm out for now.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:01 am

You might try pinnacle audio. They have fixed several member's rokus including one of mine that I thought was a lost cause. Matt Burkhardi has posted links etc in the dead power supply thread.

waynedunham

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:45 am

leenuxg33k wrote:
I would love to try it... but my hd1000 finally bit the big one. no power light at all.

:-(

I might try replacing the power supply but I'm out for now.

I feel your pain. Mine died a couple weeks ago, most likely during a few power blips we had during a storm where the power went out and immediately back on several times. It was plugged into a surge protector, but still bit the big one.
I'm in the same situation, no power light, no anything. :(

I had been very lucky getting this many years out of it. Especially with the frequency of reading about other people's woes in the power supply regard.

Now the question is whether to have it repaired or sell it "as-is" as I wait for the HD extender for SageTV?
Wayne Dunham

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

UPDATE

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:13 am

I should be able to release a new mythroku in a couple of days. I have been able to schedule a recording from it. As the code writes to your mythconverg file I want to do some more testing and tidying up of the interface but it seems to be working. The next release after will hopefully display the guide!

hondo

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Great news - just in time for the fall shows.

Thanks once again

Bob

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Mythroku+scheduling

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:05 pm

please download 0.81 and the Themes folder. Stick the png files into your Themes folder.
hit menu from the program listing screen to bring up the search box.

It takes a few secs to search the database.... be patient....
Please let me know if there are problems. It was a major piece of coding so I am sure there are still bugs left.

If you get nothing from hitting menu check the new png files are there and readable. Running from the command line will show you if they fail to load etc.

FF and RW switch your focus between the keypad and listing windows.

Enjoy....
James

hondo

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Awesome

EVerything seems OK but I will test things out carefully.

Surprisingly fast.

Thanks One again on mighty one.

Bob

hondo

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:28 am

Jim:

I love for my mythroku to look a certain way, color etc., so I have redone many of the .png files to what I like. There is a file within the themes director entitled option-win.png.

Whenever I rename my new graphic to this and place on the Roku - it never picks up this change. Is this graphic called from the theme directory or is the graphic encoded within the mythroku app itself ?

Bob

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:24 pm

hondo wrote:
Jim:

I love for my mythroku to look a certain way, color etc., so I have redone many of the .png files to what I like. There is a file within the themes director entitled option-win.png.

Whenever I rename my new graphic to this and place on the Roku - it never picks up this change. Is this graphic called from the theme directory or is the graphic encoded within the mythroku app itself ?

Bob

yep, it is currently hard wired in the menu file and they are taken from the roku's read only filesystem. I have changed it so it looks 1st for the file in your themes directory,

The latest version I have will upload later on tight (my daughter is on my windows pc with which has my web site on it right now!) let's you look at the pending recordings too and then make changes to that list (pretty cool if I say so myself). Like the upcoming recordings in mythweb.

hondo

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:13 pm

Crap - I updated my svn earlier today. Did not notice before but there was a prococol change from 34 to 35 and now I'm dead. When I try it shows the screen but doesn't displqay any programs.

I hate to rollback because this version SVN 14051 fixes some other real problems I was having - could you look to see if you can fix - if not I will just have to rollback I guess. Then I can't watch recordings within MythTV - system segfaults due to some ffmpeg sync issue.

Crap just remembered I didn't back up the mysql database before I pulled in the new code - now I can't rollback without dumping the database.

Help Oh great one - please

Bob

Burkhardi

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:57 am

jm_maclaren wrote:
You might try pinnacle audio. They have fixed several member's rokus including one of mine that I thought was a lost cause. Matt Burkhardi has posted links etc in the dead power supply thread.

Thanks for the "props", here is the web site for Pyrmaid-Audio ( http://www.pyramid-audio.com/ ) PM me if you have any questions about repair. Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:50 am

hondo wrote:
Crap - I updated my svn earlier today. Did not notice before but there was a prococol change from 34 to 35 and now I'm dead. When I try it shows the screen but doesn't displqay any programs.

I hate to rollback because this version SVN 14051 fixes some other real problems I was having - could you look to see if you can fix - if not I will just have to rollback I guess. Then I can't watch recordings within MythTV - system segfaults due to some ffmpeg sync issue.

Crap just remembered I didn't back up the mysql database before I pulled in the new code - now I can't rollback without dumping the database.

Help Oh great one - please

Bob

I see they added 3 new fields (grrr). I will need to add them to mythroku. As I am running 0.20 fixes right now, I won't be able to test it here, but I'll post a code soon.
What did the svn fix for you? anything hdhomerun related?

hondo

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:03 am

i have been running SVN from Atrpms for over a year. I changed because the initial support for the HDHomerun were there. I have had no problems with running that code until about 1 month ago when something was done in the ffmpeg resync that caused a problem when trying to play recorded programs that were HD. It would play SD programs, but HD programs would cause a segfault and you would get blown out after about 10 seconds of watching. For one month that issue has limited me to watching programs only on the Roku.

Yesterday a svn came out 14051 in Axels repository that fixed that issue. ( he normally packages a SVN grab about once a month) I grabbed it without thinking about the protocol update. Now Myth plays fine and the MythRoku has a problem.

I don't update from SVN unless their is some real issue that I need. Need to change my pattern in the future.

As soon as .21 comes out I am going back to stable, but I'm sorta hung right now. Can go back by dumping the database, but I have over 2 TB of recordings and I hate to loose all of that.

Thanks for looking into this Jim. Sorry to have to askbecause you are constantly working to make this app better and this is just extra work.

Bob

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:23 am

hondo wrote:
i have been running SVN from Atrpms for over a year. I changed because the initial support for the HDHomerun were there. I have had no problems with running that code until about 1 month ago when something was done in the ffmpeg resync that caused a problem when trying to play recorded programs that were HD. It would play SD programs, but HD programs would cause a segfault and you would get blown out after about 10 seconds of watching. For one month that issue has limited me to watching programs only on the Roku.

Yesterday a svn came out 14051 in Axels repository that fixed that issue. ( he normally packages a SVN grab about once a month) I grabbed it without thinking about the protocol update. Now Myth plays fine and the MythRoku has a problem.

I don't update from SVN unless their is some real issue that I need. Need to change my pattern in the future.

As soon as .21 comes out I am going back to stable, but I'm sorta hung right now. Can go back by dumping the database, but I have over 2 TB of recordings and I hate to loose all of that.

Thanks for looking into this Jim. Sorry to have to askbecause you are constantly working to make this app better and this is just extra work.

Bob

I've added the fields and will test a bit from home tonight before posting. Hopefully it will handle protocol 35

hondo

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Thanks Jim

Bob