Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Re: Dropping Audio

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Bgrubb1 wrote:
Endless
Before posting, I have been trying to quantify the issue. I currently have the dropped audio, WITHOUT any dropped packets from a different channel, with 'jumpy' video. Does that imply the dropped packets may not be the issue ??
..Barry

I don't think so. If the video is choppy, then there's something funky about that channel that the Roku doesn't like. I'm convinced the dropped TS packets are responsible for the dropped audio on your other problem channel.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

r111

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:35 am

I updated to HDHR firmware from 0131 and now TVPlay can't change channels on a tuner after the HDHR Windows config utility has been used. I like that TVPlay trys to sense some other device using a tuner, but can we be only warned and then given the option to tune anyway?

r111

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:09 am

r111 wrote:
I updated to HDHR firmware from 0131 and now TVPlay can't change channels on a tuner after the HDHR Windows config utility has been used. I like that TVPlay trys to sense some other device using a tuner, but can we be only warned and then given the option to tune anyway?

Anybody else see this behavior?

hondo

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:38 pm

I do not experience this issue.

pxegeek

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:08 pm

So I finally caved and ordered a HDHR.
Many thanks to TheEndless for the wonderful app! It's going to give my Roku(s) a new lease on life. My wife was even tempted enough to sit through live TV in HD rather than watch a show on the replayTV.

I did note a few audio dropouts, maybe one every ~10-15 minutes before audio was lost completely. Changing channels up and down was enough to resync. I'll try the menu button next time.

Many thanks,
Chris

pxegeek

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:05 pm

r111 wrote:

Yes R111, I see that behaviour too. :(