Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

na9d
Topic Author

SlimRoku Problem

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm having a rather perplexing problem with SlimRoku. I posted this on the forum that The Endless has set up on his site, but haven't gotten any response so I figured I'd ask here as well.

I am running SlimRoky 1.6b. SlimServer 6.5. Things have been running fine for about a month until the other day. I haven't made any changes to either piece of software.

If I press the "menu" button on the remote and bring up my Music Library, it shows ZERO songs. Nothing. If I go to the Internet Radio item after pressing "menu", I can see all the different choices, but selecting a station, navigating over to hit play does nothing at all either. In the past, you'd see "checking stream" and then the URL in the SlimPlayer display on the top of the main screen. Now,nothing happens.

It is like commands are not being sent to SlimServer or that they are being rejected.

But I can navigate the SlimPlayer menus from the main screen and things work fine. I can see my library, select internet radio stations, etc. It all works just fine.

None of the nice menus and "add-ons" provided by SlimRoku seem to work.

I've tried rebooting the computer and the HD-1000 multiple times. I've tried re-installing SlimRoku. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling SlimServer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jon
Roku Soundbridge M2000
Roku Soundbridge M1000
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevB
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevA
3 ReplayTVs
4 Slingboxes (Classic and Pro, AV and Solo)
Firefly Media Server and SlimServer Running on a MacPro
2 Vudu VOD Players

chackett

Re: SlimRoku Problem

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:52 am

na9d wrote:
I'm having a rather perplexing problem with SlimRoku. I posted this on the forum that The Endless has set up on his site, but haven't gotten any response so I figured I'd ask here as well.

I am running SlimRoky 1.6b. SlimServer 6.5. Things have been running fine for about a month until the other day. I haven't made any changes to either piece of software.

If I press the "menu" button on the remote and bring up my Music Library, it shows ZERO songs. Nothing. If I go to the Internet Radio item after pressing "menu", I can see all the different choices, but selecting a station, navigating over to hit play does nothing at all either. In the past, you'd see "checking stream" and then the URL in the SlimPlayer display on the top of the main screen. Now,nothing happens.

It is like commands are not being sent to SlimServer or that they are being rejected.

But I can navigate the SlimPlayer menus from the main screen and things work fine. I can see my library, select internet radio stations, etc. It all works just fine.

None of the nice menus and "add-ons" provided by SlimRoku seem to work.

I've tried rebooting the computer and the HD-1000 multiple times. I've tried re-installing SlimRoku. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling SlimServer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jon

Have you tried using Softsqueeze on your mac? That will at least tell you whether your Slimserver setup is OK (this would include checking the database by browsing for files; I've had database issues in the past where something got corrupted, and the only solution was to clear the database and do a new scan).

Good luck,

Craig
Roku HD1000 Rev B
Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma
Artison Portrait LCR
Polk 60ti L, R, LR, RR
Velodyne DD-18 Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V2500
Motorola DCT-6412
Home Theater Master MX-3000

na9d
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:06 am

Softsqueeze works fine. And using the SlimServer menu navigation from within SlimRoku works fine. It's the additional functions that SlimRoku provides via like the "Menu" button that have stopped working...
Roku Soundbridge M2000

Roku Soundbridge M1000

3 ReplayTVs

2 Vudu VOD Players

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: SlimRoku Problem

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:06 pm

na9d wrote:
I posted this on the forum that The Endless has set up on his site, but haven't gotten any response so I figured I'd ask here as well.

Sorry, I've had to make an unexpected trip out of the country for a family emergency, so I've not been online much for the past few days.

If you could generate a debug.txt file, it should tell me everything I need to know.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

na9d
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your emergency. I hope everything is OK.

Will do the debug file. I'll email it to you.

Jon
Roku Soundbridge M2000

Roku Soundbridge M1000

3 ReplayTVs

2 Vudu VOD Players

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:57 am

na9d wrote:

Jon

From the debug.txt files you sent, it looks like no CLI connection is ever being established. It may also be the case that the stream connection cannot be established (that would explain the crash... poor error handling on my end). Is it possible that something has changed recently that would block ports 9000 and 9090? Perhaps a firewall or OS update...?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

na9d
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:47 am

TheEndless wrote:
na9d wrote:

Jon

From the debug.txt files you sent, it looks like no CLI connection is ever being established. It may also be the case that the stream connection cannot be established (that would explain the crash... poor error handling on my end). Is it possible that something has changed recently that would block ports 9000 and 9090? Perhaps a firewall or OS update...?

TheEndless

No, not from what I can tell.

Port 9000 can't be blocked because the SlimServer interface works. Oh, I know what happened....I turned off the Command Line plugin in SlimServer because I thought I wasn't using it....OOPS... :oops: :oops:
Roku Soundbridge M2000

Roku Soundbridge M1000

3 ReplayTVs

2 Vudu VOD Players

na9d
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:22 am

Re-enabled the CLI plug-in on SlimServer and all is well with the world! I guess I forgot I'd disabled several plugins that are enabled by default that I don't use. The CLI was one of the ones that I didn't think was used. My bad... :oops:

Thanks for pointing out the problem, The Endless! :)
Roku Soundbridge M2000

Roku Soundbridge M1000

3 ReplayTVs

2 Vudu VOD Players