Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hfk123

Slimserver or SlimRoku?

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi,

I have two M1001s (Living Room and Garage). I use SlimServer to access Live365 channels that I have included in my Live365 Favorites (something that I can't do with Roku's software). I have a few questions:

1. Should I stick with SlimServer or should I consider switching to SlimRoku? I really want to keep installation and configuration as simple as possible.

2. I'm confused about the way that my unit and remote act when in SlimServer mode. Frankly, I'm altogether confused about SlimServer and the M1001, but I've managed to figure out how to play my favorite Live365 channel (EarlyMusic.Net), so I'm hesitant to tweak things around much for fear of never getting it to play again. I suppose that I'm becoming Tech-weary: I've reached the point that tweaking software and hardware to get things working just right drives me nuts: I've too many other things to do to waste time diddling around with stuff to get it to work the way that it's supposed to. Of course, sometimes there's no choice. This is probably one of those times... Anyway, is there a guide that will show me how the Roku remote functions when the M1001 is in SlimServer mode? and how does SlimServer mode get turned off and on?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:52 am

SlimRoku is an application that works in conjuction with SlimServer, and is for the PhotoBridge, not the SoundBridge.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)