Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sheridanrawlins
Topic Author

MPlayDVD Feature Request: DVD menus

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:54 am

I'd love to archive all the DVDs I have sitting in the garage onto my TeraStation and still be able to access the special features, etc.

I know that I can play these with the DVD playing software available on my PC and Mac, so it _should_ be doable on Roku, right?

I know it's probably a non-trivial amount of effort, but is there any chance you'll consider adding DVD menu handling to MPlayDVD?

DaMutha

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:04 am

LOL. Search is your friend. To sum up, it's a Roku limitation and they are not supporting this hardware anymore. Not going to happen, sorry.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 am

As DaMutha mentioned, it's something I've spent weeks working on, but the limitations of the PhotoBridge SDK made it more trouble than it would ultimately be worth.

It's nowhere near as elegant as using the DVD menu, but you could access the special features on the DVD by utilizing the -VTSThreshold command-line option. Check the MPlay website for details...

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

CaminoFrancisco

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:46 pm

TheEndless,
Do you know of any way for this community to get ahold of the underlying chipset API? Now that Roku is no longer interisted in supporting this product maybe we could further the cause ourselves.

I know this topic has been touched on before, but as we all know, sometimes answers change with time. ;-)
Camino
HD1000 Rev "B"