Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Who's using mythroku & what features are missing?

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 pm

I am interested in knowing who is using mythroku as of now. I suspect the number of users has fallen over the years as units have broken.

I am also interested in any missing features the other user(s) can't live without.

It does seem the traffic and posts to the photobridge part of this forum has dropped too.

James

hondo

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:09 pm

Jim:

I use your app every day. You have done a wonderful job in udating it to include many new features that make it a joy to use.

Looking for a wish list ?

1. On the program guide - include an icon that shows whether you have a program scheduled to record

2. Fix the issue that prevents me from completing a skin that is totally customizeable. I have mention this before - not a biggie I guess to some but it is a visual think with me. (Primarily pop-up dialog boxes are the problem)

I love what you have done - I fear the day when you stop using your ROku - I have looked at everything outthere trying to find something better and - it just isn't out there.

Thanks Jim

Hondo

kmitche

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Jim,

I too use MythRoku almost daily. I find it the perfect vehicle to take the frontend burden off of the Mac Mini I have been able to set up as the backend/frontend. I've been building the Myth apps two/three times a week and MythRoku has kept up.

I have one feature request and a question that may be a feature request.

Is it possible have the recorded program cycle back to the top when one hits the bottom of the list?

Second, I don't see Dolby sound being passed through to my receiver. I do have everything set to pass digital through and playing programs through the Frontend works.

Finally, I find it ironic and a bit sad that it took me so long to get Myth running. Now that I can take full of advantage the energy for continued development wanes.

Thanks again for your work.

Kent
Last edited by kmitche on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

satz

Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:30 pm

I just started working on my myth backend with the intent to use MythRoku. I had to get two of my Roku's repaired. One is back from Pyramid who did a great job. The other should be on its way. I am still climbing the backend learning curve as I still haven't gotten live tv from my atsc tuner working. From there I will be using MythRoku regularly. Thanks for putting in all the hard work.

satz

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:13 pm

If someone hasn't already suggested it, displaying the current channel number on the screen when in LiveTV would be a nice addition.

Since my backend is blank, I am seeing a crash at:

#0 0x00444644 in MythBrowser::findEpisode ()

I am assuming it has something to do with an empty backend. It seemed to work when I had some half-started shows.

wally0623

Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:14 am

Thanks for MythRoku! I have a MythTV box in the living room and I'm running a Roku to a 32" HDTV in the bedroom. Is there any way to go directly to a channel # in mythroku? It's painful to change channels when you have a cable/satellite service and hundreds of channels. I know the Roku remote sucks, but how about an on screen number pad? That would be an incredible addition! Thanks again for some great software!

Gary Walborn
gwalborn@gmail.com

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:18 pm

I am collecting all the suggestions and will try to include them. The feeble roku remote is a pain as there aren;t many keys to map. This is particularly vexing for livetv with cable. As I found I only recorded/watched a handful through mythtv I was pretty ruthless making them not visible in mythweb. I change channels by pressing info then N and S browse without the delay of setting a new tcvhain. Then I press enter when I am at the right place. The channel changing delay in mythtv is a big pain. I will think about a keypad for entry like the program search feature.

I also have a mediamvp and I cannot get livetv to work at all on that despite using the same albeit modified code on mythroku!

wally0623

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Well, I DO have livetv on the mediamvp. I would be glad to compare notes if you want. I got the MVP first and then decided I wanted HD, so I installed mythroku. I've had a Roku for a long time, but it died (power supply problem). When I decided that mythroku was the way to go, I fixed my original Roku and bought another. It's still a fine platform. Let me know if I can help you with the MVP. What version of mvpmc are you running?

Gary
gwalborn@gmail.com

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:47 am

kmitche wrote:
Jim,

Second, I don't see Dolby sound being passed through to my receiver. I do have everything set to pass digital through and playing programs through the Frontend works.

Kent

I don't do anything special with the audio, you could try pushing info twice in succession to change the audio track. If that doesn't work try play a file in mplay. upnp will allow you to see the files on your backend. If it workls there but not in mythroku let me know. The Endless might be able to shed some light on the problem. I record very little hdtv as most that i would want to is encrypted.

satz

Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:19 am

Would it be possible to add a "play continuously" function so that all the shows recorded in a particular group would be played from the first to the last show? This would be something similar to MPlay's playlist feature. The different is that MythRoku has changing content.

satz

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:14 am

Could some mechanism be added to disable watching LiveTV from certain runs of SlimRoku, maybe with a command line argument or configuration via the database for a particular client?

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm

i can add those options in the next release