Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chris_r11
Topic Author

Does SlimRoku work with the new SqueezeCenter 7?

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 am

Hi,

Just wondering if the current version of SlimRoku works with SqueezeCenter 7 and if not, are there plans to make it work?

Thanks!
Chris

Burkhardi

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 am

I would not thing so, but you can try. We need to drum up "The Endless" and see if you can be talked into making a new version of SlimRoku.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

soiaf

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:16 pm

It didn't work for me when I tried it, which is a pity as SqueezeCenter 7 has some nice features (including the addition of WavPack support :wink: )

takmad

Donation to The Endless for SlimRoku update

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 am

I have 3 HD1000's in my home and use SlimRoku throughout. I'm a big fan of Pandora and would be happy to contribute to The Endless for a compatibility upgrade to SlimRoku so that it can play Pandora feeds. Anyone with me?

Burkhardi

Re: Donation to The Endless for SlimRoku update

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:36 am

takmad wrote:
I have 3 HD1000's in my home and use SlimRoku throughout. I'm a big fan of Pandora and would be happy to contribute to The Endless for a compatibility upgrade to SlimRoku so that it can play Pandora feeds. Anyone with me?

I'm is too, lets conjure up The Endless....
I'll see if I can find him, anyone else that may know, please do the same.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

takmad

Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
takmad wrote:

I'm is too, lets conjure up The Endless....
I'll see if I can find him, anyone else that may know, please do the same.

Any update on this front? Thanks,
Tom

dgburns

Mon May 05, 2008 9:46 am

takmad wrote:
Any update on this front? Thanks,
Tom

Last time Endless was around these parts was August of last year... :( His permanence.org site is still up, but seems lacking in any recent activity.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey! I remember this place!

Unfortunately, currently there are no plans to update SlimRoku for use with SqueezeCenter. Two of my three HD1000 are down for the count, and the third is disconnected to help keep my air conditioning bill down... ;)

I could potentially be persuaded to look into it again, but at the moment (as seems to be the norm for me) my real world job is absolutely swamping me to the point that I don't have the will to do much of anything once I get home.

How's everyone else been, though?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Burkhardi

Thu May 08, 2008 5:36 am

Well look what the cat dragged in...
Good to see you around these here parts!! :D 8)

In regards to your dead fleet of HD1000 Hibachis there is a guy in Texas that can "hook a brotha up", so I will have him (me) PM you.

I would love to help the cause and persuade you with a contribution to The Endless Amazon wish fund via Pay-Pal. Perhaps we can get a running tally of people and amounts that would commit to this and if we get the right value, then we can all make the donation that we pledged? Who knows, we may just get $60 in pledges which would not be worth it, or we may get in a couple Ben Franklin’s for you (or a lot higher). Let me PM you on that too.

I can pledge $50

RE: What’s been happening/how have we been?
My life took a HUGE 90 degree turn when I found out at age 40 that I would be a first time father with twins. It’s not too bad, but non-stop and the first three months I thought I may not survive, no really, it was TUFF.
Still repairing HD1000’s and tinkering with M-series soundbridges and trying to enjoy our new sized family (Me, wife, twins and two French Bull Dogs (Jebus and Otis)).
I am still enjoying music (e.g. Dead Can Dance, Rush, Rusted Root, ill Nino and such) I am very eclectic in my taste as I think you are too)) and using SlimRoku about 3-4 times a week. As to not bore the group, take up bandwidth and drift off topic, I’ll PM you the rest of that as well.

Thanks for taking the time to drop in and check up on use die-hard HD1000 fans! Regards, Matt

TheEndless wrote:

Unfortunately, currently there are no plans to update SlimRoku for use with SqueezeCenter. Two of my three HD1000 are down for the count, and the third is disconnected to help keep my air conditioning bill down... ;)

I could potentially be persuaded to look into it again, but at the moment (as seems to be the norm for me) my real world job is absolutely swamping me to the point that I don't have the will to do much of anything once I get home.

How's everyone else been, though?

TheEndless

takmad

I'm in for (another) $50? What about others out there?

Sat May 31, 2008 7:03 pm

TheEndless wrote:

TheEndless

Well, well. There is life again in the HD1000 Forums. It had been a month since I checked, and it looks like I missed a few days.

First, let's cut to the chase: I'm in for $50 too. I'd really like to have my SlimRoku support the Pandora feeds through SqueezeCenter 7.

Now to life: summer has hit and there is nothing like playing in the water toys with our 3, 5 and 8 year olds. Splurged on a Nikon D40 and have been ripping off photos left and right. Love it.

One of my HD1000 just bit the dust so I'll be connecting with Austin again. Ahhh, how I miss Austin (UT grad of 2002). And to think that we lived just off Braker Lane.

How about some other HD1000 SlimRoku users? You in for $20 or so?

takmad

Burkhardi

Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 pm

OK, so I'll keep a tally here then...
$50 - Burkhardi
$50 - Takmad

TOTAL THUS FAR $100

dgburns

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 am

Burkhardi wrote:
$50 - Burkhardi
$50 - Takmad

TOTAL THUS FAR $100

I would love to contribute more but best I could do right now is $20.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)

Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV

Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's

PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext

M1000 (upstairs)

HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

Burkhardi

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:55 am

dgburns wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:
$50 - Burkhardi
$50 - Takmad

TOTAL THUS FAR $100

I would love to contribute more but best I could do right now is $20.

Every little bit helps!!
See this thread is anyone else wants to help...
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=16897

takmad

Pandora.com Stream to SlimRoku workaround

Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:11 pm

I've been exploring with work arounds for streaming Pandora to my HD1000 and SlimRoku. I've successfully setup a Nicecast streamer on my Mac, capturing my Pandora feed coming into FireFox. :D

For a full setup guideline (Mac or Windows), check out this thread: http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=5283&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pandora&start=0&sid=22ef01c913af096142a4b18c3f920107. Thanks andyg for the Mac OS instructions.

I'm still interested in a direct SlimRoku to SqueezeCenter support so I can avoid the re-stream from my Mac. Hopefully TheEndless can be enticed by our meager, yet rich at heart, support. For those who haven't seen it, please check out this post and support the cause!
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=16897

dalew

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm

I have an Ubuntu version of Sqeezecenter (7.2.1) loaded and working with my HD1000. I appears most of the normal stuff works,which is OK for me. I ran into a big problem with my 6.5.4 version, looked like an upgrade to MySQL completely hosed up slimserver's rescanning. And just before that happened, I couldn't get new cover jpg's to show up. That all seems to be straightened out now. The only thing that I can't get to work is the cover art display, I only get the first page of covers, trying to go to the next page just redraws the first. But it seemed I was having the same situation with the old slimserver.
1 PC with Windows XP, 3GHZ P4
1 PC with Linux (Ubuntu), 3GHZ P4
PhotoBridge Rev B, wired network
Roku HD video player