Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

scans
Topic Author

Audio sync on MPlay

Fri May 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Presumably TheEndless can answer this best, but maybe someone else can offer a suggestion...

I have MPEG-2 video recorded by my JVC Everio camcorder (called .mod files, but play fine in Windows, etc, when renamed to .mpg).

If I rename the files in a sequence, MPlay correctly plays them all one after another (hosted on a share on a XP machine).

However, after each file, the audio and video get more out of sync. Go back a 'chapter'/file-in-sequence and they are synchronized fine. But, eventually, they drift again.

I assume there is something a bit non-standard about the files recorded, but it would seem that MPlay would resync the streams on the next file in the sequence automatically. Ideas? Solutions?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Audio sync on MPlay

Fri May 09, 2008 7:27 pm

scans wrote:
Presumably TheEndless can answer this best, but maybe someone else can offer a suggestion...

I have MPEG-2 video recorded by my JVC Everio camcorder (called .mod files, but play fine in Windows, etc, when renamed to .mpg).

If I rename the files in a sequence, MPlay correctly plays them all one after another (hosted on a share on a XP machine).

However, after each file, the audio and video get more out of sync. Go back a 'chapter'/file-in-sequence and they are synchronized fine. But, eventually, they drift again.

I assume there is something a bit non-standard about the files recorded, but it would seem that MPlay would resync the streams on the next file in the sequence automatically. Ideas? Solutions?

I'm afraid the only solution is to either create an .MPlayList file, or hit the [Play/Pause] button twice to re-sync.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)