Only on weekends
No votes
Only on weekdays
No votes
Both weekdays and weekends
2 (18%)
Only a couple times a month
3 (27%)
Off and on, a couple times a week and on weekends.
4 (36%)
ALL THE TIME MAN!!!
2 (18%)

Total votes: 11

Gregavi

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:23 pm

takmad, any replacement contenders at this point? I'm still pretty happy with my PB but I have been looking at what's out there since it is inevitable that I will have to change to something else at some point. I've been looking at the Buffalo Linktheater among others. It looks promising but does not support flac.That's not a deal killer for me but the replacement must support a good lossless format. I like the slim format that the PB handles because of the ability to control from my laptop. The PB is close to being the ultimate media player. Too bad they scrapped the model instead of improving it.
Samsung HL-S5087W 50" 1080p DLP HDTV
Earthquake Cinenova Amp
Parasound 2500u Pre/Pro
Klipsch La Scala (main)
Earthquake IW 8 in-wall (Rear)
Earthquake Supernova MKV12 (Subwoofer)
Roku Photobridge HD1000 (Rev B)
Panasonic BD30 Blu Ray

boyelectron

SlimRoku Support of Sqeezebox 7.x (formerly SimServer)

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:12 am

I will happily donate $50 to upgrade SlimRoku to work with Sqeezebox 7. The cover art is much better in Squeezebox 7 (less compression artifacts around graphics). I presume this is due to the Squeezebox option "resample artwork" under advanced / performance.

I researched media players this year and (IMHO) SlimRoku and Mplay on the Roku are still the greatest ever!
boyelectron
Several Photobridges (with external power supplies), Samsung 71" DLP, Vizio 42" LCD, widescreen LCD monitors, 1G wired network

zombiember

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Well I appear here "Off and on, a couple times a week and on weekends".
I hope that we will have healthy discussion and latest information sharing regarding to related topics.I hope for a nice time in future.