Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

new website for mythroku

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 pm

When I switched from cox to directv my websites got wiped:(
I am now redoing it under google and will update the code later this week to deal with 0.22 protocol changes.

https://sites.google.com/site/mythroku/
(in progress)
James

Burkhardi

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks so much for the update! I have not seen you around here much latley and was worried you gave the project up.
Good to see a post from you and that you reworking the site.
Best regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:46 am

Still around :D . Just haven't touched my mythbox in ages and am still a Luddite running 0.21. Its fairly easy to update to a new protocol as there is just more info passed to and fro by the backend. I just have to pull the code and find where it is defined.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 pm

please download new version from my website http://sites.google.com/site/mythroku/. As I am not running 0,.22 myself I have made the updates without testing from reading what changes were made in libcmyth to accommodate protocols up to 44. It still works with 0.21. What may no longer work is commercial skipping. That is harder for me to solve without upgrading as I need to query the database. Let me know how it works.
James

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 pm

seems to be working with 0.22 now, please download from website at top of post.
Enjoy
James

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

I have fixed a few bugs in the version dated 12-24-09 and updated to the latest libcmyth from the mediamvp project.
Fixed some commskip errors that caused a segfault. I have also posted the source for those interested, so you can view my messy coding!

Merry Christmas,
James

http://sites.google.com/site/mythroku/

ps pls download after 12:15 CST as I fixed another small issue

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:17 am

version 17-01-10 improves commercial skipping and fixes some display issues on the menu. Not extensively tested, let me know of any problems.
Enjoy
James

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Re: new website for mythroku

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm

new version that solves some audio losses I had during commercial skip. Also I have put up the Themes.zip and png and roku files on the web. If there are difficulties please get in touch. You do not need to overwrite anything but the app is you are upgrading.

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:48 am

Fixed bug that cause delay when pressing FFW and REW due to buffering error. New version uploaded. :D

jm_maclaren
Topic Author

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Dylan wrote:
I currently have a dedicated backend running knoppmyth r5a26. For a front end, I am using a Roku photobridge. The roku hooks up to my hdtv (via component) and my home theater receiver. The Roku is great, since it is silent and the video quality is great, but I have issues:

- no commercial skipping (I haven't tried transcoding my recordings to see how reliably I can generate commercial free recordings)
- mythroku application is at a dead end (not a full myth frontend, no upgrade path)
- can't delete programs from my frontend (mythroku or setup bug)

So now I've been spoiled by having an absolutely silent, small footprint, pretty, and great video quality frontend. I'd like to retain all of that goodness, but add the benefits of a full featured front end that is still capable of 1080i.

I've web researched various options, but can't really nail down anything that seems solid. A few options:

epia sp*000 fanless/diskless system booted over the network (not clear to me that this will actually do hd mpeg2 decode)
mac mini (same issue, not clear to me that hd mpeg2 decode is possible)
some micro-atx form factor solution (you can make them quiet, but the case will be large and obtrusive)
network media player (seems like upnp is the only option, which still doesn't give a full featured myth frontend)

I'd be interested to hear if you've solved this problem, what are you using?

commskipping should work. If it doesn't its likely a mysql access issue from the roku. Try running from the command line from a shell and post the log.
I occasionally had file deletion errors. It always worked but sometimes would lock up mythroku. I think this is buried in libcmyth in the socket communication. My guess is a message is hanging. I never did solve it as it was unrepeatable. Again run from the command line to see what it says
mythroku is not a full frontend, though it does/did all i needed.
My biggest gripe was the lack of h.264 decoding and that6 is why I have moved to the cheap upnp boxes like the asus o'play.
James