Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hughd
Topic Author

mplay vob problem

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Currently running latest HD1000 v20.38 version abd mplay version v3 fw2.0.28 and having problems with audio of VOB files.
When I choose the directory of vob files for a specific DVD and then choose "Play DVD" the system just reversts back to main system menu. Then, mplay or musin player will function at all untill I reboot system.
Any ideas?
I have tried other 3rd party video players - streamplayer, but that doesn't even open. Also, "copy" an "Delete" never open nor do anything.

Any info would be aprreciated. Thanks in advance. H

marcelo3d

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:58 pm

v2.0.38 requires the recompiled MPlay
MPlay_v3_fw2.0.34.zip
see http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... 0501#20501
M.-

hughd
Topic Author

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:15 am

thanks. Mpaly works like a charm, no skips or lagging audio.

Any idea why copy and delete don't work?

stephenrparker

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:03 pm

I am currently running the 2.0.34 beta on the PB, and MPlay that was recompiled for it. For the most part, I am having no problems with mpeg2 playback, but occassionally, I will get audio drop-outs, and sometimes even garbled video. This has happened with every video file that I have at least once. Would anyone possibly know what the problem is?

I also have another problem. Well, I guess it isn't a problem, just an annoyance. I have a sequence of mpeg2 videos in the same folder, file names are numbered in sequence, example; Eps.1.mpg Eps.2.mpg...etc

My question is, why does MPlay only see the first file name, but when played, will play through all the files?

marcelo3d

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:16 pm

MPlay knows and plays file sequences. You can temporarily change the "filter" mode for the file browser by hitting [Rotate]. You can more permanently change the filter in the options menu.

As for the drop-outs, if you add the -FixTS to the command line parameters (in the MPlay.roku file), then it may fix the audio dropouts on DVD chapter breaks.

M.-

stephenrparker

Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:58 pm

marcelo3d,

I did as you asked, but this did not fix any of my problems, and actaully started a new one. I am now getting an error message when starting MPlay, "Open File Failure". MPlay will continue to open, but the video being garbled and audio drop-out continues. And a new more serious problem is occurring. Now when playing back my mpegs, after about 20 min. the computer that is hosting the share will completely lock-up, and requires a reboot. Any ideas?

marcelo3d

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:42 pm

stephenrparker wrote:
I am now getting an error message when starting MPlay, "Open File Failure".

I guess you missed the - in front of the -FixTS. MPlay thinks you passed a file name in the command line for it to open.

As for your PC, I have no idea. I've never had such a problem.

M.-

Interactive

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:07 pm

I had audio drop outs and the -FixTS flag worked perfectly so far!

I found another issue and it may have more to do with the copy protection on the DVDs. I'm ripping DVDs (that I OWN!!) using DVD Decrypter. Most of the movies play fine so far but there seems to be some issues with text on the screen. For example, in the opening scene of Phantom Menace when the customary "Star Wars" story text scrolls up from the center of the scree, the text flashes and stutters in several languages. The text actually changes LANGUAGE as its scrolling. The motion becomes very jittery and the audio jitters as well. The other time I notices this was in The Incredibles on a scene with a newspaper....the text on the news paper changed languages.

Is this an MPlay/Roku issue or something with the ripping process? Either way, anyone know a fix?

BlkKnight

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:39 pm

That sounds like you have subpicture streams still in the DVD image. Subpicture streams are used for subtitles and other overlay images and are currently not supported on the HD1000. You should make sure to uncheck those streams before ripping.

-BK

marcelo3d

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:57 pm

Interactive,

That is multi-angle. You can tell DVDDecypter to rip only angle 1, that is normally what you need.

At some point, MPlay will support multi-angle DVDs.

M.-

Interactive

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:27 pm

Great news. I'll try to change the settings in DVD Decrypter and re-rip!

Thanks

TekChicLaurie

Help with "-FixTS" and root directory for MPlay vi

Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:12 pm

OK,
I'm using 2.0.34 with the newly complied version of MPlay. Now I know it's only a text file, so I edit MPlay.roku with Notepad, but even with the changes MPlay doesn't act any differently (even with the directory structure - which I really don't know why). The path to my video files is "/tmp/Volumes/roku-video". "Roku" is the name of my server and "video" is the name of the share. So why won't it point there by default? I tried removing the forward slash at the beginning and also tried adding one at the end - no help. I'm pretty geeky but programming and Linux are not my forte.
Also, exactly what line does the "-FixTS" go on? I tried it in the same line as the -browsedir command and it just locked up MPlay, so I replaced the file with a backup. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

TekChicLaurie

marcelo3d

Re: Help with "-FixTS" and root directory for MPla

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:00 pm

TekChicLaurie wrote:
OK,
I'm using 2.0.34 with the newly complied version of MPlay. Now I know it's only a text file, so I edit MPlay.roku with Notepad, but even with the changes MPlay doesn't act any differently (even with the directory structure - which I really don't know why). The path to my video files is "/tmp/Volumes/roku-video". "Roku" is the name of my server and "video" is the name of the share. So why won't it point there by default? I tried removing the forward slash at the beginning and also tried adding one at the end - no help. I'm pretty geeky but programming and Linux are not my forte.
Also, exactly what line does the "-FixTS" go on? I tried it in the same line as the -browsedir command and it just locked up MPlay, so I replaced the file with a backup. Any help is appreciated.

You cannot use Notepad to edit the Linux script files (the .roku file). You need to use TextPad or any other editor that know about unix line breaks.
This post
http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... 1361#21361
has an example how the MPlay.roku should look like.
M.-

TekChicLaurie

Re: Help with "-FixTS" and root directory for MPla

Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:16 pm

marcelo3d wrote:
TekChicLaurie wrote:
OK,

You cannot use Notepad to edit the Linux script files (the .roku file). You need to use TextPad or any other editor that know about unix line breaks.
This post
http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... 1361#21361
has an example how the MPlay.roku should look like.
M.-

Yep! That did it. Thank you so much! MPlay now opens right at my folder of videos, and I assume FixTS is loaded properly as well.

For those "FEW" Windows users who are wondering what I used, I found a free download called Cream that you can get at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cream/cream-0-32-gvim-6-3-31.exe
It automatically recognized the Unix format and did the thinking for me. All I had to do was type like any other text editor. Don't bother with notepad or wordpad - trust me, it won't work :-)
Thanks,

TekChicLaurie

Interactive

Mon May 01, 2006 7:53 pm

marcelo3d wrote:
Interactive,

That is multi-angle. You can tell DVDDecypter to rip only angle 1, that is normally what you need.

At some point, MPlay will support multi-angle DVDs.

M.-

This issue popped back up this week and it's been a couple of months since I've ripped a DVD and I've forgotten how I fixed DVD Decrypter. I currently have the Multi-Angle Processing check box CHECKED and Retain Angle "1" in VOBs.

Is this correct?

I recently ripped Chicen Little and many of the text scenes (newspaper headlines, etc) are skipping through multiple languages and skipping the audio, etc.