Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chackett

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:40 pm

The screensaver now seems to be updating properly (it quickly got behind in the previous version, as others have reported). It has also stopped flickering.

Thanks for all of the development work on this app!
Roku HD1000 Rev B
Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma
Artison Portrait LCR
Polk 60ti L, R, LR, RR
Velodyne DD-18 Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V2500
Motorola DCT-6412
Home Theater Master MX-3000

swingnstar

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:51 pm

Appears very stable to me. No problems so far. :)

SimonO

Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:11 am

Still having the same problems, but it may have something to do with me running two PB's at the same time... SlimServer is doing some wierd things ATM, I'll try and have a proper look this evening...

TheEndless wrote:
SimonO wrote:
2. The intenet radio 'now playing' doesn't refresh after playing a music file..

I'm not sure what you mean here... ? The Now Playing data for Internet Radio is completely dependent on what SlimServer reports back to me (with a few assumptions). With a lapse of no more than 10 seconds or so, the Now Playing data should be the same as whatever the "LCD" displays.

This seems to be tied into something strange in SlimServer... With a music file playing on one of my PB's, when I started an internet radio stream on the second PB, the now playing information was taken from the first PB :? , however the LCD showed the correct information from SlimServer.!? Anyway, I've restarted everything and it hasn't done it again...

TheEndless wrote:
SimonO wrote:
Small bugs - 1. When I scroll down past the last .m3u playlist in the playlist menu, both SlimServer and SlimRoku crash...

I'm not able to reproduce this. Scrolling through the playlists works fine for me. Can you give me the exact steps you taking to cause it to happen?

I've got a couple of .m3u playlist files that I created manually (pre SlimRoku), they are in the same folder that SlimServer saves playlists to... If I select playlists from the menu, the two are displayed, if I then scroll down to the second file and then scroll down again, SlimServer and SlimRoku both crash...

TheEndless wrote:
SimonO wrote:
I'll reply to you reply in full later, but I've found another one... When I play files from a folder they play correctly one after the other, however no tracks are displayed in the playlist window and at the bottom it says -1 tracks.!?

Again, I'm not able to reproduce this either. When I add a folder, all of the tracks display correctly on the Now Playing screen. When reporting bugs, can you please give exact steps to reproduce them? Can you also confirm whether it happens every time or only occassionally. If I can't reliably reproduce the problem, I can't fix it...

Haven't had this happen since :oops: ...
Last edited by SimonO on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toshiba 36ZP48, Pace Sky+ v1 (120GB), Sonos ZP80, Denon DVD-2900, Denon AVR-3805, Blue Sky SAT 6.5/B&W DM600 S3/ASW675 w/Behringer DSP1124P, Philips Pronto NG RU950/RU951

swingnstar

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:40 am

Just curious, have you given your two photobridge devices unique names in slimserver?

SimonO

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:16 am

Yep, they appear in the SlimServer GUI as two separate players which I've named 'Bedroom' and Living Room'...
Toshiba 36ZP48, Pace Sky+ v1 (120GB), Sonos ZP80, Denon DVD-2900, Denon AVR-3805, Blue Sky SAT 6.5/B&W DM600 S3/ASW675 w/Behringer DSP1124P, Philips Pronto NG RU950/RU951

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:29 am

SimonO wrote:
2. The intenet radio 'now playing' doesn't refresh after playing a music file..
TheEndless wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean here... ? The Now Playing data for Internet Radio is completely dependent on what SlimServer reports back to me (with a few assumptions). With a lapse of no more than 10 seconds or so, the Now Playing data should be the same as whatever the "LCD" displays.
SimonO wrote:
This seems to be tied into something strange in SlimServer, with a music file playing on one of my PB's, when I started an internet radio stream on the second PB, the now playing information was taken from the first PB :? , however the LCD showed the correct information from SlimServer.!? Anyway, I've restarted everything and it hasn't done it again...

This definitely sounds like it may have been a SlimServer issue. I specify the MAC address of the PB when I do the request, so SlimServer knows which data to return. If it was returning data for the other player, it may have had a hiccup.

SimonO wrote:
Small bugs - 1. When I scroll down past the last .m3u playlist in the playlist menu, both SlimServer and SlimRoku crash...
TheEndless wrote:
I'm not able to reproduce this. Scrolling through the playlists works fine for me. Can you give me the exact steps you taking to cause it to happen?
SimonO wrote:
I've got a couple of .m3u playlist files that I created manually (pre SlimRoku), they are in the same folder that SlimServer saves playlists to... If I select playlists from the menu, the two are displayed, if I then scroll down to the second file and then scroll down again, SlimServer and SlimRoku both crash...

I have more than one page of playlists, so it's possible there's a bug when there's only one page worth. I'll try to test this out and see if I reproduce/fix it.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

SimonO

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:31 am

Thanks 8) ...

davechainey

Trouble with Skins

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:02 pm

I've done everything I was told to do - downloaded and installed the b2, downloaded the skins and installed them, fired up my xml editor and changed "default" to "BrushedMetal" in the configuration file, but I still end up with the "Default" skin when I start the program. Help!!!!

DaveC

SimonO

Re: Trouble with Skins

Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:32 am

davechainey wrote:
I've done everything I was told to do - downloaded and installed the b2, downloaded the skins and installed them, fired up my xml editor and changed "default" to "BrushedMetal" in the configuration file, but I still end up with the "Default" skin when I start the program. Help!!!!..

TheEndless wrote:
I've posted a new version. Version 1.0beta2 should be a bit more stable than the last version, especially during synchronized playback. Updates in this version include:
  • Added Skin selection to Options menu

You don't need to edit anything in the latest version...

SimonO

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:58 am

The -PlaylistId=id command-line flag is great, is there a way to use this with a radio stream..?

It looks like I can add Virgin Radio to SlimServer favorites, would it be possible to add this option in SlimRoku..?
Last edited by SimonO on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: Trouble with Skins

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:53 am

davechainey wrote:
I've done everything I was told to do - downloaded and installed the b2, downloaded the skins and installed them, fired up my xml editor and changed "default" to "BrushedMetal" in the configuration file, but I still end up with the "Default" skin when I start the program. Help!!!!

DaveC

Oops. I guess I should have removed/edited that post. There's no longer a need to manually set your skin like that. All of the skins are distributed with the application in 1.0beta2. Just press Info on the Now Playing screen and select your desired skin from the Options dialog.

I've edited the original post on that.. sorry about that.

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

davechainey

Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:00 pm

"I've done everything I was told to do - downloaded and installed the b2, downloaded the skins and installed them, fired up my xml editor and changed "default" to "BrushedMetal" in the configuration file, but I still end up with the "Default" skin when I start the program. Help!!!!

DaveC

Oops. I guess I should have removed/edited that post. There's no longer a need to manually set your skin like that. All of the skins are distributed with the application in 1.0beta2. Just press Info on the Now Playing screen and select your desired skin from the Options dialog.

I've edited the original post on that.. sorry about that."

Thanks, that solved the problem. The latest version of slimRoku is great. It gives me just about all I want from the unit. The default skin was a little too jumbled for my eyesight, but the new ones are fine.

DaveC

SimonO

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:12 am

TheEndless wrote:
SimonO wrote:
This seems to be tied into something strange in SlimServer, with a music file playing on one of my PB's, when I started an internet radio stream on the second PB, the now playing information was taken from the first PB :? , however the LCD showed the correct information from SlimServer.!? Anyway, I've restarted everything and it hasn't done it again...

This definitely sounds like it may have been a SlimServer issue. I specify the MAC address of the PB when I do the request, so SlimServer knows which data to return. If it was returning data for the other player, it may have had a hiccup.

I'm still seeing this one, it seems to occur when I leave a playlist paused on one of my PB's and start a radio stream on the other... The LCD info is correct, but the 'Now Playing' info is (partially) taken from the other PB, it looks like this...

1. La Femme D' Argent
N/A
Pop: Virgin Radio UK

The first two (???) lines are from the other paused PB.!?

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:11 am

SimonO wrote:
I'm still seeing this one, it seems to occur when I leave a playlist paused on one of my PB's and start a radio stream on the other... The LCD info is correct, but the 'Now Playing' info is (partially) taken from the other PB, it looks like this...

1. La Femme D' Argent
N/A
Pop: Virgin Radio UK

The first two (???) lines are from the other paused PB.!?

If it's only partial data from the other, then it's definitely a SlimServer issue, because I pull all of the current song info back in a single XML request, so there's no way for me to get half and half unless SlimServer gives it to me. The next time this happens, can you check the SlimServer web interface to see if it's showing the same symptoms?

TheEndless

leenuxg33k

Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:20 am

The only crashes I experience with SlimRoku now have to do with coming out of the SlimRoku screen saver. It might have to do with having the -SSTransport enabled. I'm going to try disabling this Today to see if its more stable coming out of the screensaver.

I'll try and remember to run it with -debug mode too.