Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

barrygordon

Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:34 pm

Is anybody running SkimRoku with SlimServer 6.5.0?

Any Issues or Problems?

tjdebon

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:48 pm

barrygordon wrote:
Is anybody running SkimRoku with SlimServer 6.5.0?

Any Issues or Problems?

I've been trying :cry: .

When it works it's great. Slimserver seems much more responsive and scans songs very quickly. The problem with albums containing "various artists" playing only in alpha order by artist instead of song order is also fixed.

But, I'm plagued with frequent lock-ups or shutdowns (on either/both SlimRoku and SlimServer) sometimes within the first few songs. The only probably successful recovery is to reboot both my WinXP "server" and the RokuPB. Otherwise, only part of the interface may work -- I've seen no album cover nor song info displayed on Roku, but full control from the WinXP UI; and I've also had music play while the "Please Wait" is displayed in front of the PB application list UI. Sometimes the "now playing" screen on SlimRoku doesn't refresh and stays stuck on one song.

I have tried excluding the mysql directory from virus scans. I suspect some of the lockups may be when my PC screen saver kicks in but I haven't had the patience to check that. It did play successfully for 12 hours once -- I think it was from a fresh reboot and I never opened the Internet Explorer SlimServer interface. But, perhaps my problem is interference on my wireless-G connection.

My wife gets back in town tomorrow -- I'll revert to 6.2 tonight.

barrygordon

Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:38 pm

I think I will stick with 6.2 until The Endless plays with it.

mjt5282

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:51 am

I've been running with SlimServer 6.5.0 for a few days now - no problems.

I run Win2K on the "back end" with MacAfee antivirus.

one (minor) issue :

if I pause SlimRoku, then the connection is lost to the server after a few minutes (5-10?) . I need then to reboot the bad boy to get music playing again.

I don't think this happened with the older server versions.
PB1000 Rev. A (X3), PB1000 Rev. B (X3), SlimServer 6.5.4 + Nero MediaHome (for transcoding to MPlay)