Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cuzina

Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:07 pm

Couple of bugs I have seen in the last beta2 rev

1. In the middle of a playlist when changing tracks it quits exits to the Roku GUI. If I go back to SlimRoku I get the playback unavailable error. Rebooting the Roku required to play music

2. When selecting add to playlist from the menu/folders the playlist in now playing is not populated right. I only got one song out of the playlist. It was the last one. The playlist on the folders section is populated with the new added songs (SlimServer web browser shows the correct playlist too)

By the way I odn't know If I already mentioned this but thanks for The Endless for creating this killer app.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:59 pm

cuzina wrote:

1. In the middle of a playlist when changing tracks it quits exits to the Roku GUI. If I go back to SlimRoku I get the playback unavailable error. Rebooting the Roku required to play music

Any more data on this? I thought I had fixed this issue specifically in the last build. Does it happen often, or has it happened once? What type of audio files are/were you playing when it happened? Does it happen with the same song every time?

cuzina wrote:
2. When selecting add to playlist from the menu/folders the playlist in now playing is not populated right. I only got one song out of the playlist. It was the last one. The playlist on the folders section is populated with the new added songs (SlimServer web browser shows the correct playlist too)

I know what could cause this, but it should correct itself within 10 seconds of returning to the Now Playing screen. At the very least, it should correct itself when the next song starts playing. Is this the case, or did/does it never update for you?

Thanks for the feedback...

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

cuzina

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:04 pm

TheEndless wrote:
cuzina wrote:

Any more data on this? I thought I had fixed this issue specifically in the last build. Does it happen often, or has it happened once? What type of audio files are/were you playing when it happened? Does it happen with the same song every time?

cuzina wrote:

I know what could cause this, but it should correct itself within 10 seconds of returning to the Now Playing screen. At the very least, it should correct itself when the next song starts playing. Is this the case, or did/does it never update for you?

Thanks for the feedback...

TheEndless

On #1

Yes it has happened more than once. It just happened yesterday. I noticed that it has happened on the same folder as the previous times. I was playing mp3 files. I don't remember if the bug has been with same song but definetly in the same folder more than once.

On #2

Well I guess I did not wait 10 seconds. Next time I see this I'll make sure I wait at least 10 seconds

By the way I am running the latest Roku software. Could this be an issue? I haven't found instructions on how to downgrade. Maybe I haven't searched with the right key words. Could someone post a reference to downgrade. Thanks

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 pm

cuzina wrote:
On #1

Yes it has happened more than once. It just happened yesterday. I noticed that it has happened on the same folder as the previous times. I was playing mp3 files. I don't remember if the bug has been with same song but definetly in the same folder more than once.

If at all possible, could you try running with the -debug command line flag and send me the debug.txt file that's generated after this crash occurs? That would help narrow it down considerably.

As for downgrading, the process is the same as upgrading via CF, just use an older firmware file. Having said that, though, I don't see any reason the new firmware would cause this kind of problem.

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

cuzina

Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:18 pm

TheEndless wrote:
If at all possible, could you try running with the -debug command line flag and send me the debug.txt file that's generated after this crash occurs? That would help narrow it down considerably.
TheEndless

Done. I repeated the bug and narrowed it to one song. I sent you the debug file. Thanks for looking into it.

cuzina

Another Bug

Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:11 pm

Another bug just popped out. When browsing via the folders option on two occassions the Slimroku has kept on on scrolling on itself after I have scrolled page down using the NextTrack button. This has happened at least two times IIRC. I let it go for some time to see if there were some que'ed remote commands but it never stopped scrolling. Actually after some time SlimRoku just died and I was taken to the Roku GUI. I could not start the SlimRoku again only after rebooting the Roku. I was running the debug option so If you need the file let me know.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: Another Bug

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:05 pm

cuzina wrote:
Another bug just popped out. When browsing via the folders option on two occassions the Slimroku has kept on on scrolling on itself after I have scrolled page down using the NextTrack button. This has happened at least two times IIRC. I let it go for some time to see if there were some que'ed remote commands but it never stopped scrolling. Actually after some time SlimRoku just died and I was taken to the Roku GUI. I could not start the SlimRoku again only after rebooting the Roku. I was running the debug option so If you need the file let me know.

Yeah, if you could send me the debug file that would help. When you press the Next Track button it's supposed to scroll through pages until it finds the first item that starts with the next letter in the alphabet. It sounds like something confused it. I'm guessing this only happens with one of your folders. Is that correct? We just need to figure out which character (probably unicode) is confusing it.

TheEndless

cuzina

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Done. I sent you the debug file(s) to the email adress in your website. The only directory name that I see may be causing problems is iTunes

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm

cuzina wrote:
Done. I sent you the debug file(s) to the email adress in your website. The only directory name that I see may be causing problems is iTunes

Thanks. I've found the problem (a silly oversight on my end :oops:). It should be fixed in the next version.

TheEndless

SimonO

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:52 pm

SimonO wrote:
The -PlaylistId=id command-line flag is great, is there a way to use this with a radio stream..?

It looks like I can add Virgin Radio to SlimServer favorites, would it be possible to add this option in SlimRoku..?

...and a couple of feature requests (rather than bugs for a change :wink: ) - 1. Any chance of a flag to disable the SlimServer interface to avoid accidental inputs..? 2. The ability to scroll and select from the current playlist (as in the Music Library view) whilst on the Now Playing screen..?

My wife has finally started using SlimRoku over the internal player which is a testament to how good this app now is 8) !!!
Toshiba 36ZP48, Pace Sky+ v1 (120GB), Sonos ZP80, Denon DVD-2900, Denon AVR-3805, Blue Sky SAT 6.5/B&W DM600 S3/ASW675 w/Behringer DSP1124P, Philips Pronto NG RU950/RU951

TheEndless
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:27 pm

SimonO wrote:
1. Any chance of a flag to disable the SlimServer interface to avoid accidental inputs..?

Can you give me a bit more detail on this? I'm not sure what you mean by "SlimServer interface"...

SimonO wrote:
2. The ability to scroll and select from the current playlist (as in the Music Library view) whilst on the Now Playing screen..?

This has been requested before, but there aren't any more remote control buttons available to facilitate navigation. You should be able to use the SqueezeBox LCD to navigate the playlist, though. The discreet Play command from the extended IR codes has been mapped, so scrolling through the tracks in the LCD and hitting play should advance play to the selected track.

TheEndless

SimonO

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:53 pm

TheEndless wrote:
This has been requested before, but there aren't any more remote control buttons available to facilitate navigation. You should be able to use the SqueezeBox LCD to navigate the playlist, though. The discreet Play command from the extended IR codes has been mapped, so scrolling through the tracks in the LCD and hitting play should advance play to the selected track.

Sorry, I meant the SqueezeBox LCD interface... How about a flag that disables the LCD interface and enables scrolling the playlist in Now Playing..?
Toshiba 36ZP48, Pace Sky+ v1 (120GB), Sonos ZP80, Denon DVD-2900, Denon AVR-3805, Blue Sky SAT 6.5/B&W DM600 S3/ASW675 w/Behringer DSP1124P, Philips Pronto NG RU950/RU951

jerd

Unable to determine audio type

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:15 pm

It's been awhile since I used SlimRoku, and I decided to upgrade it today to Beta 2. Since the last time I used it, I had to reformat the computer that SlimServer is running on.

For the life of me, I couldn't get Beta 2 to play anything, so I went back to 0.9e. Only then did I get the red error message "Unable to determine audio type", which of course made me realize flac wasn't installed (all of the audio files are stored in PCM WAV).

Anyway, that was a helpful error message in this case, and seems like it should still be around in final. Not sure if it was dropped on purpose or if it got lost in the updates.

HTH.... as everyone else does, love SlimRoku!

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: Unable to determine audio type

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:27 pm

jerd wrote:
It's been awhile since I used SlimRoku, and I decided to upgrade it today to Beta 2. Since the last time I used it, I had to reformat the computer that SlimServer is running on.

For the life of me, I couldn't get Beta 2 to play anything, so I went back to 0.9e. Only then did I get the red error message "Unable to determine audio type", which of course made me realize flac wasn't installed (all of the audio files are stored in PCM WAV).

Anyway, that was a helpful error message in this case, and seems like it should still be around in final. Not sure if it was dropped on purpose or if it got lost in the updates.

HTH.... as everyone else does, love SlimRoku!

Hrmm.. the error reporting code hasn't changed since 0.9. I'll try to reproduce that and fix it if necessary. Thanks for the pointer.

TheEndless

satz

error messages

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:34 am

CascadeVizSharedData assert failed on line 499
CascadeVizSharedData assert failed on line 486
CascadeVizSharedData assert failed on line 391
CascadeVizSharedData assert failed on line 358
CascadeVizSharedData assert failed on line 391
CascadeVizSharedData assert failed on line 358

This is from the latest version downloadable running on 2.0.35 Rev A with swap file.